MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the range today with the MP9 I bought last night! Here is my question. While reloading the magazine the slide would go forward on its own?????? But for the most part it was only when the slide was locked by the weapon firing????

I was shooting WWB 115 FMJ / also 50rds of 8$ blazer.

Anyone had this happen or is it supposed to?????

It did it almost every time..

Thanks

Nic

·
Registered
297 Posts
I shoot WWB all the time and have about 1000 rds though my MP9 and I have never had the slide close on its own. Hopefully someone else might have an answer for you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've had this happend with all the following makes/models of pistols:

S&W (M&P9 & M&P9c)

Sig (225,226,228,229)

Beretta (Elite II/92 Series)

Glock (19)

Never happened with a 1911, though...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesnt really bother me just a suprise I guess. I dont have to put the mag in hard for it to happen. Who knows if it gets to bad I will get with S&W.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Heard someone call that "Miami Vice-ing"

Yeah - if you slam the mag in the slide will go forward. Since mine is the no safety anything version, I thought that was to help emergency loading for Military / LE version. :wink:

Part of the need to slam is the mag spring needs to compress even more when you load a mag. These mag springs are tough when new, give them a few weeks to soften up. I have a 2 week old 40, I keep the mags loaded to start compressing the springs.

After about 600 rounds, my mag goes in smooth.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the thing is I am not slamming it in. I do agree with the mag springs being tight. I loaded 250 rds today lol. Some were in my Hi Poing 995 carbine. (like 50)

I couldnt stop shooting the M&P that thing flat out rips lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine has never had the slide go forward when loading a full mag. It's fine with me though...I would push the release myself. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
another reason to keep that trigger finger on the side of that pistol.

i've had a couple pistols do that one me as well

·
Registered
52 Posts
nwetherill said:
Yeah the thing is I am not slamming it in. I do agree with the mag springs being tight. I loaded 250 rds today lol. Some were in my Hi Poing 995 carbine. (like 50)

I couldnt stop shooting the M&P that thing flat out rips lol

Maybe then your slide lock spring isn't stong enough to fully catch the slide???

Agree w/ you on the M&P shooting, it's nice to have a gun that shoots 20 cent rounds as opposed to $1.20 / round!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cruze5 said:
another reason to keep that trigger finger on the side of that pistol.

i've had a couple pistols do that one me as well

I always keep my finger out of the trigger well until I shoot.. Glad my fundamentals are on par and didnt have any AD's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts