MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 40c tonight and need to buy target ammo. My local shop can get cases of magtech ammo on a good price. not sure what grain it is is this a good ammo for target practice? i will be sending a copy of my reciept to get my 2 free mags and a rebate.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I've shot quite a bit of Magtech in both .40 and .45 ... while it's dirty and not what anyone would call match-grade accurate, I've never had any malfunctions or problems with it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
It's what i prefer in .357. Clean, but smells bad.

In .45 i have shot a lot of it. Dirty, but it runs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
???????

zorro said:

Just curious did you have some problems with it?

Please don't hold me to this, but I belive some Southwestern state issues it to their HP. I have always been satisifed with it. It is just a little hard to come by. I have found it to be the most reliable 32 in my KelTec 32.

Shot several hundred rounds in IDPA BUG matches with no problems.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It works ok... never had a problem with it...

Quality wise it is about like WWB, R-P ECO, or S&B.

FWIW

Chuck

sgrizz said:
I just picked up my 40c tonight and need to buy target ammo. My local shop can get cases of magtech ammo on a good price. not sure what grain it is is this a good ammo for target practice? i will be sending a copy of my reciept to get my 2 free mags and a rebate.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
zorro said:
I guess I'm just pulling a black cloud over my head ...

z -- did you have problems in multiple guns or just one? Could have just been a compatibility issue.

Did you have problems across multiple lots of ammo or just one? Could very easily have been some that got through without adequate QC checks ...

Can't say it's the best ammo I ever used, but a quick check of my logs shows about 3,200 rounds of the 9mm and 13,400 rounds of the .45 I've personally shot, along with probably around 1,000-1,500 rounds of .40 I've used for demos. Without going back over the logs line by line, I don't recall any particular problems with the ammo other than the fact that it was, as mentioned previously, dirty.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Multiple calibers - just not a fan of off beat, off shore ammo, dirty, fouling, one out of every 50 dud primers -

Not just Magtech but Hot Shot and Eagle maybe I'm just to picky - :oops:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Gonna have to make zorro look silly again 8) :wink: I have used magtech through .40 and .45 never any problems I also used eagle brand once that was like mud in the barrell at the end. :wink: my whole .02

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
zorro said:
oh well it won't be the first or last time...
I threw you a bone for the eagle ammo

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've been using Magtech since I owned pistols. In both my .45's and my 9c it has run flawlessly. I don't worry about whether or not it runs "dirty" ... it just doesn't concern me. I clean the pistols anyway, so that's a non-issue. Accuracy is another non-issue. It's not "match grade" but I can still put a good grouping on targets with any of my 3 pistols.

Honestly Magtech is my preferred plinking ammo. It's cheap, I've never had a bad round, and it's available in most places.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
reply to my question

Thanks for everyones opinion on this and bought one box for now to see how it operates. My biggest concern is the mag drop issue and feed problems people are having. My gun # is mpwxxx so i hope they solved this by the time my 40c was made.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts