MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does somebody know if there is anyone making a magwell for the M&P? I'm thinking of shooting ESP for IDPA.

Thanks, Z

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Kenny at Speed Shooter Spec just finished up some prototypes, that I am keeping my fingers crossed he lets me T&E for him, I am not sure when he is planning to have some ready for general consumption.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I look forward to seeing how the SSS mag funnel turns out, too. But to be honest, I'm not sure the M&P really needs one. It has a very open and angled magwell as is, and the magazines themselves taper to a long point compared to, eg, a Glock. It will be interesting to see if people are actually getting faster reloads with a funnel than with a stock gun.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Todd,

I agree it won't really make the avg reload any faster but it will save the occasional slightly off reload from being any slower.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Dan -- Can't argue with that. I just have a bias against them since they're not suitable for a concealed carry gun, and I always compete with my "real" gun. But your point is a good one, and something I hadn't considered. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Todd,

FWIW, the only reason I don't shoot my carry M&P is I have too much done to it, it would be in ESP. :roll:

I carried a full sized 1911 with a S&A mag well on it for several years. I believe you should carry what you shoot well then adapt your dress accordingly, of course this means a bigger impact on your life than switching guns, but compromising on a gun may have the ultimate impact on your life.

Sorry about this thread drift.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
Todd,

FWIW, the only reason I don't shoot my carry M&P is I have too much done to it, it would be in ESP. :roll:

I've shot ESP before because my gun required it. It's not so bad.

Just did a little math ... if you'd shot the same score but ESP, you would have been 10th ESP Master.

I believe you should carry what you shoot well then adapt your dress accordingly, of course this means a bigger impact on your life than switching guns, but compromising on a gun may have the ultimate impact on your life.

Well put and agreed 100%!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts