1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would like to participate in the cyber taste test too. I also have the makers mark cigar to go along with mine. AHHHHHHH, very very smooth. My choice Makers Mark.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Though I have tried both, they were far enough apart that I couldn't make a comparison. I am currently working of a bottle of 18yr Highland Park, a Scotch. It's okay, but I think I like Speyside region Scotch better. Not too big on the American whiskies, unless they're mixed with coke

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Actually I prefer Blanton's.

But Knob Creek is a little cheaper, so that is what I usually end up with.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
123 Posts
MM for sure, very smooth straight or on the rocks, gives coke a hint of vanilla. Knob creek isnt bad either. Try Woodford reserve sometime, its my fave!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Though I have tried both, they were far enough apart that I couldn't make a comparison. I am currently working of a bottle of 18yr Highland Park, a Scotch. It's okay, but I think I like Speyside region Scotch better. Not too big on the American whiskies, unless they're mixed with coke
Born and bred in Scotland - and now a US citizen - I'll take Makers Mark over a good Glenlivet or Glenmorangie any day of the weeky!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jack black for me.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I am a rum drinker myself, Cruzan and Captain Morgan's specifically.

·
Registered
260 Posts
For those who know what I am talking about there has been a running debate on which bourbon taste's the best. I thought I could stress the fact that Makers Mark is a better Bourbon than Knob Creek... In fact I am willing to put YukonGlocker's Knob Creek and my Markers Mark in a virtual taste test. Mmmmmmmmmm, yup much smoother and great taste too. :wink:
I agree. I prefer Maker's Mark to Knob Creek or even Woodford Reserve, even though it's cheaper than either of them.

I do really like Woodford Reserve too though. Not so much Knob Creek.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I drink nothing but the best,which IMO is Crown Reserve

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
629 Posts
My choice is Makers Mark.

For a smooth Whiskey, you really can't beat Jack Daniels Single Barrel.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have yet to have Knob Creek, but Makers okay, but not the smoothest whiskey/bourbon Ive had. My vote goes to Jameson 12yr which is damn smooth.

·
Registered
27 Posts
These have too much 'bite' for my taste. So far the best I have tasted is JD Single Barrel. But I am going to try the Woodford Reserve.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts