MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pull time volunteer Police Reserve in my city some weekends. This past Sunday being Fathers Day I stayed home and had family time.

After reading the following I wish I'd put some time in after all. I'm not a crazy animal lover but I like em and it boils my blood when I hear anything like the following:

================================

From the Mobile Press (Local News Paper) found on http://www.al.com

Tortured kitten dies of injuries

Thursday, June 21, 2007

By RON COLQUITT

Staff Reporter

Gizmo, the kitten tortured at an apartment in Chickasaw on Sunday, died Tuesday night at Rehm Animal Clinic in west Mobile, and a funeral is planned for today.

The cat had been burned and nearly drowned, and the pads on two of its paws had been sliced off.

Chickasaw police arrested Ralph Allen Fisk, 22, on Sunday after, they said, he tortured the kitten that belonged to his girlfriend, Jessica Powell, 19, because it had scratched him.

"I believe it's the right thing to do," Powell said Wednesday of the kitten's funeral. "It deserves it because of what it went through."

The funeral is planned for 2 p.m. today at the Mobile Pet Cemetery, off Airport Boulevard in west Mobile County, about a mile west of Mobile Regional Airport.

Powell, who shared an apartment with Fisk, said she has broken off her relationship with him since the Sunday incident. The couple has a 5-month-old son.

She said Fisk now is living with his parents in Citronelle.

Police charged Fisk with first-degree cruelty to a dog or cat. He was released from Mobile County Metro Jail on $3,000 bail.

If convicted of the first-degree charge -- a Class C felony under Alabama law -- Fisk could be sentenced to a maximum of 10 years in prison.

Powell said she was not sure if the kitten, which was about 2 months old, was a male or female. She said a relative had given it to her about two weeks ago.

She said she discovered Gizmo in a closet at the apartment when she returned home from work Sunday.

"I was crying the whole time when I found out what had happened to it," Powell said. "I thought it was dead at first, then I saw it was still breathing. I tried to wake it up, see if it would respond. I didn't know what had happened, and then it started bleeding."

Virginia LaRue, Powell's mother, said Wednesday that she was "very angry, very upset" about the mutilation. She said she called police when she learned out about it.

Reggie Young, the Pet Cemetery's assistant manager, said Wednesday that the kitten would be buried in a type of small casket traditionally used for infants.

A tiny teddy bear and a toy for kittens will be placed inside the casket, and an ordained minister will speak during the funeral, Young said.

Meanwhile, Dale Bartlett, a Humane Society of the United States official, faxed Mobile County District Attorney John Tyson Jr. a letter Wednesday saying people who abuse and torture animals are most likely to do the same to children.

In the society's view, the facts of the kitten case "clearly constitute intentional torture and should therefore be aggressively prosecuted," he wrote.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Man, what kind of sick person does it take. I guess the only good side is she found out what kind of guy she was with before anything happened to her.

That's just wrong

Rob

·
Registered
910 Posts
FELIX said:
I guess the only good side is she found out what kind of guy she was with before anything happened to her.

But sadly not before bringing a child into this world. Doesn't matter, though, after this it's not likely he'll see his own kid ever again.

·
Registered
154 Posts
IMO,

this guy will probably turn out to be a serial kill some day. If you look at the profile of almost every known serial killer, they always start off by torturing animals when their young. then they move on to worse things and eventually end up killing people for sex pleasure. Don't want to be gross but its true.

So yeah, animal rights people should be ticked at this guy - but after that punishments over, he needs to be watched like a rabid dog.

I'm just sayin'.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Here in Michigan yesterday I saw on the news that someone had put a firecracker in a cats mouth!! Blew out its jaw, left eye, part of its tongue and several other injuries. What kind of sick F&^%ers are there in this world?

·
Registered
471 Posts
micah said:
IMO,

this guy will probably turn out to be a serial kill some day. If you look at the profile of almost every known serial killer, they always start off by torturing animals when their young. then they move on to worse things and eventually end up killing people for sex pleasure. Don't want to be gross but its true.

There is a lot of truth to that!!

It is a pretty low life who would treat innocent animals in this manner.

Ron

·
Registered
288 Posts
coltman1985 said:
What kind of sick F&^%ers are there in this world?
ALL KINDS.

There are people like this guy scattered all over the planet who are pure evil, plain and simple.

That's reason #2 for why we need guns.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
i dont like cats personally, but i could never hurt an animal let alone do what he has done. Someone with that mentality seriously has something wrong, or better yet not right in his head!!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I am a cat owner, I like every living thing most of the time. What has happened there, is in my book criminal and should be tried and hung. I now that excessive however, if a car is an extension of your home for insurance and such. A pet is an extension of your family, in this case a family member that has been tortured and later died. I see anyone kicking a dog, or animal in general I let them know how I feel, most of the time they understand real quick that made a error in judgement.

Now how could you hurt this innocent kitty, besides that she has enough M&P products to hunt you down and make you pay with your life...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I pulled some more patrol time with our PD this past weekend. Spoke with the arresting officer. The perp was nonchalant and had no remorse whatsoever.

Not new to our officers either - this guy has had some call outs for domestic violence in the not so long ago past too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts