MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After realizing that no one made a good "protected by M&P" decal, I decided to make my own. I plan to have 50 black and 50 white die-cut vinyl decals.

Any other wording or logos you guys would like to have? I'd like to give back to the community by making these.

They will look like this when installed

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
They look good to me. I would definitely like 1 or 2 if possible.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My only thought is that I want one. How do we get it?
Once i settle on a final design I will have them made, I wanted to check here and see if you guys wanted any changes, or different wording etc etc.

also, im considering for them to be 5-6 inches wide. thoughts?

how much?
Depends on how many I order really,I'm hoping to keep them around the $6/7 shipped range. I will have a more solid answer for you once I stop by a few vinyl shops to compare pricing.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Take this idea with as many grains of salt as deemed necessary, is there any way to add either S&W or the S&W logo to the decal? Wonder if that could be done without trademark issues, anyone know?

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
Take this idea with as many grains of salt as deemed necessary, is there any way to add either S&W or the S&W logo to the decal? Wonder if that could be done without trademark issues, anyone know?

M&P is a registered trademark, just like S&W. Don't think anyone will bother you unless you're:
  1. Making a profit.
  2. Making S&W or their M&P logo look bad.
Putting one of these on your vehicle can set you up for additional scrutiny, from good guys and bad.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
M&P is a registered trademark, just like S&W. Don't think anyone will bother you unless you're:
  1. Making a profit.
  2. Making S&W or their M&P logo look bad.
Putting one of these on your vehicle can set you up for additional scrutiny, from good guys and bad.
+1

·
Registered
898 Posts
Actually, the OP may want to read this article reference to tradmarks before he gets to far into this: The Hidden Costs of Unauthorized Trademark Use Don't want to see the OP get his butt in a sling.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Pretty sure S&W is not going to take you to court over a sticker, but I think you're asking for possible vehicle break in if you advertise firearm ownership on your car. "When there is a doubt, there is no doubt."

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I'd buy a black background version

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Decals will be available tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

Payments will be taken via paypal, and decals will be shipped USPS in a 3x6.5in white envelope.

I have also decided to donate all profits to Prostate Cancer Foundation, since after all, it is Movember

I will make a new for sale thread tomorrow with pictures.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1. Im not selling anything in this thread, I was simply using it to allow the community to help design the decal. I will make a thread in the for sale section when they are available.

2. Do you really expect me ( an individual, not a company) to pay to become a forum sponsor, simply so I can sell a decal that is meant to give back to the community; not to mention raise money for prostate cancer research.

I hate to say it, but sometimes forum rules aren't conducive to building an online community. If I were really trying to make a buck on these, do you think I'd be selling on a small M&P forum? I'd be on Amazon/Ebay etc.

Respectfully,
-Avedis

·
Registered
10 Posts
1. Im not selling anything in this thread, I was simply using it to allow the community to help design the decal. I will make a thread in the for sale section when they are available.

2. Do you really expect me ( an individual, not a company) to pay to become a forum sponsor, simply so I can sell a decal that is meant to give back to the community; not to mention raise money for prostate cancer research.

I hate to say it, but sometimes forum rules aren't conducive to building an online community. If I were really trying to make a buck on these, do you think I'd be selling on a small M&P forum? I'd be on Amazon/Ebay etc.

Respectfully,
-Avedis
I agree 100%.

I like the design, simplicity is key just like that Glock sticker. Id like just "M&P". Not "Protected by M&P". IMO

1 - 20 of 25 Posts