MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 9mm M&P a few days ago. I ordered one without a mag saftey. I hate things like that. Now I read on here that the slide has a warning on it about firing without a magazine. How stupid is that.

You guys say all I had to do was remove the mag saftey. I never would have thought it would be that easy. That's what I get for thinking. Anybody wanna buy a M&P with a mag saftey?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Huh?

You purchased a M&P without a magazine safety and you're bummed about the warning on the side? I looked at it once and in the past month that I've owned mine I haven't even noticed it. If you're doing it correctly no one will ever see it :wink:

·
Registered
293 Posts
It's not like it's engraved with inset glow-in-the-dark neon paint!

It's barely noticeable ... especially if you have to point it at a BG.

But hey, if you don't want it, I'll take it off your hands "for cheap"!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I ordered my M&P 9 with no mag. disconnect also. It came with no warning. You might get lucky like me.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
If you like the two-tone look then you are in luck. You can send your slide to Dan Burwell and have a media blast done which will remove the warning in the process. Not to mention it gives you a cool stainless finish.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
35 Posts
wHAT??

I have a 40 with no magazine disconnect safety and no writing or warning on the slide. What exactly is the warning? Can I hurt the gun dry firing it witout a mag in it???

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got my M&P 9mm today. The warning is there, but it's so small that it is hardly noticable. I'm not sure what the big deal is. BTW, I did get to shoot 68 rounds through it before it got dark. It seems to be a very sweet pistol. I used the small grip insert and a Pachmayr slip on rubber grip. It fits my had perfect. I don't think I'll be selling or trading this one anytime soon.

·
Registered
270 Posts
jtaliani said:
If you like the two-tone look then you are in luck. You can send your slide to Dan Burwell and have a media blast done which will remove the warning in the process. Not to mention it gives you a cool stainless finish.
Just a thought.
See....my warning label is all gone

·
Registered
307 Posts
m4arc said:
Huh?

You purchased a M&P without a magazine safety and you're bummed about the warning on the side? I looked at it once and in the past month that I've owned mine I haven't even noticed it. If you're doing it correctly no one will ever see it :wink:

I think there are too many folks on this forum who stare at their guns while watching 24 instead of shooting them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JohnN said:
I think there are too many folks on this forum who stare at their guns while watching 24 instead of shooting them.

When I made this post, I didn't even have the gun. I just saw where somebody was compalining about the warning. My response was based on their opinion. Now that I have the gun, I'm not sure what they were complaining about. I haven't noticed it at all.

I'm not one of those people who stare at their guns more than they shoot them. But thanks for your concern.

·
Registered
38 Posts
JohnN said:
[quote name='m4arc']Huh?

I think there are too many folks on this forum who stare at their guns while watching 24 instead of shooting them.[/quote]

Unfortunately, I do stare at mine more than shoot them. But 2 jobs will do that to you! Hopefully, I can rectify that soon.

And I do love 24. In fact last week I did clean my guns during the show. Of course that means I also got to shoot them that weekend!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Mortech said:
WHats wrong with staring at them for hours on end ?? ?????

exactly!! :twisted: I have the warning as well, and to be honest really debating on having Dan blast it, just not 100 on that yet??? i guess it just bothers me because everytome i look at it, makes me think S&W thinks I am an idiot.....lol bad joke. but i will have it removed eventually.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
finalfusion said:
exactly!! :twisted: I have the warning as well, and to be honest really debating on having Dan blast it, just not 100 on that yet??? i guess it just bothers me because everytome i look at it, makes me think S&W thinks I am an idiot.....lol bad joke. but i will have it removed eventually.

Save the money and buy ammo instead.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
m4arc said:
[quote name='finalfusion']exactly!! :twisted: I have the warning as well, and to be honest really debating on having Dan blast it, just not 100 on that yet??? i guess it just bothers me because everytome i look at it, makes me think S&W thinks I am an idiot.....lol bad joke. but i will have it removed eventually.

Save the money and buy ammo instead.[/quote]

lol......I think your right, the yellow 2 tone isnt all that bad. Dura coat will save a little cash!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts