MP-Pistol Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
This guy was completely justified. I know my neighbors and would want them to do the same. I have ungodly amounts of money in tools in my shop, and yes, you can always make more money, but I worked d*mn hard to afford those in the first place. You bet your a** I'll shoot to protect my livelyhood. Doing the same for a friend is just being neighborly in my opnion.

Personally, and I may be a little extreme here, but I don't take the 'find your 'fraidy-hole' advice. That advice is fine and dandy for my wife and son. I want to know where they are and that they're safe before I start shooting. But my property, and the welfare of my wife and son are my responsibility, and nobody else's. Anybody who's ever lived in a large city ought to understand this. Living in Denver taught me that NOBODY is going to help you, no matter how loud you scream, or how fast you are to the phone. Sure, the cops will come and take your statement after the gang-bangers have taken everything they want and left you a pulp, and in about a year they'll drag you into court to say, "That's the guy." And then they'll set him free on work-release becase he's po'. Never mind that gold chain around his neck, officer. That was a gift from his mama.

No offense.

The fact is this man should be applauded just as much as the LEOs who took more than 7 minutes to get there. If more of us showed concern for our neighbors we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now. Do I *like* my neighbors? No, not really. Will I defend them if allowed? Yes, that's my duty as an American citizen. That's moral. If I would act to defend myself, it would be unethical not to act to defend my neighbor. Everybody gets there together or we don't get there at all.

·
Registered
58 Posts
MisterJay said:
If I would act to defend myself, it would be unethical not to act to defend my neighbor. Everybody gets there together or we don't get there at all.

He wasn't defending himself or his neighbor. He was in no danger until he escalated the situation by going outside with a gun after he was told by the 911 operator not to do so. No one was home at his neighbors house so no one was in danger there either. I know the world's a crazy place sometimes, but again I'll say, we can't have everyone that owns a gun going around thinking they can shoot anyone who's in the act of committing a crime. This is vigilante justice and it's just not how our system works. People who "claim" to love America should know this. Cops are not judges, they aren't juries, and the sure as hell aren't executioners, and neither should this guy have been. We have a justice system for a reason and as soon as people stop working within that system we have chaos and America is no longer the country it used to be.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
There are so many ways this arguement could go. Joe Horn said he didn't know the neighbors on that side very well. Could there have been a stay at home mom with a kid in the house? What is happening in there? Would you have confronted the burglers if you heard a scream? If you said yes I guarentee that the 911 operator would have told you to stay in the house. I have a lot of friends who are 911 operators and honestly they're not always right in every situation. Heck it makes national headlines occasionally when they cause some sort of problem. Joe Horn did what he thought was right...I can't find fault with it. When you rob a home you know there is the chance that someone is home. You also know that if confronted you stand a chance of being shot and killed. Its a "job hazard" if you don't like the harzards then find a new job. No one made you rob people...every man makes their own choices. They made theirs and Joe Horn made his.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts