·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man shoots self in head at Scottsdale gun range

Laura Gold

The Arizona Republic

Oct. 16, 2007 09:19 AM

A 20-year-old man, who rented a pistol at the Scottsdale Gun Club indoor gun range, shot himself to death in front of the club's range master Monday evening, police said.

Police identified the man as Matthew Errico of Scottsdale.

Police gave this account:

Errico went to the gun club, 14860 North Northsight Blvd., about 7:30 p.m. He asked to rent a semi-automatic pistol.

He was given instruction and paperwork then an employee took him to the range to fire the weapon.

Errico shot at a target for a few minutes before turning to face the range master. He shot himself once in the head.

He was pronounced dead at Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn at 8:20 p.m.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
WOW... That guy must have had a lot of serious problems.. That is sad

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. This range is the high end gun shop and range in Phoenix with Class III weapons etc. They are Nighthawks largest volume dealer which tells you something about their clientele. Very nice indoor range, state of the art. I prefer outdoor ranges even in the blazing heat so I let my membership here lapse.

http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/services/range.php

http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/services/rentals.php

Machine gun rentals Turn the range into a battlefield!

http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/mga/index.php

:roll:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Suicide is only painless for the actor... I feel sorry for that place... sad...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Grimwulff said:
Suicide is only painless for the actor... I feel sorry for that place... sad...

One of my family members went that route it is a devastating roadhat may help the person doing the act but can really destroy a family...

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I found that in CA when renting a gun,you have to come with another person.

I was told this was to prevent suicides. (The other guy presumably knows if you are suicidal)

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
That would be pretty traumatic for the range officer that was with him at the time, my sympathy to the family and the range officer.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Check out this idiots myspace...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=70933360

About me:

MY NAMES MATT ERRICO, I AM FROM WASHINGTON STATE AND MOVED TO ARIZONA WHEN I WAS 14//WEST SIDE REPPIN//I AM ATTENDING SCOTTSDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, HOME OF DA HOTTIES...PHX IS THE ****, WE JUST SMOKE BLUNTS, CHILL, AND HUSTLE ($MONEY$ OVER BITCHES BUT WE STILL SHOW LOVE) HERE IN PHOENIX I'M ALWAYS ON MY GRIND; BUT THE COPS B TRYING TO CATCH ME RYDIN DIRTY *GOT A SHOUT OUT TO YOU SHERIFF JOE--"MUTHA FUKA SUK MY DIK, I AINT EVA GONE STOP"

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
MTech said:
Check out this idiots myspace...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=70933360

About me:

MY NAMES MATT ERRICO, I AM FROM WASHINGTON STATE AND MOVED TO ARIZONA WHEN I WAS 14//WEST SIDE REPPIN//I AM ATTENDING SCOTTSDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, HOME OF DA HOTTIES...PHX IS THE shiz, WE JUST SMOKE BLUNTS, CHILL, AND HUSTLE ($MONEY$ OVER BITCHES BUT WE STILL SHOW LOVE) HERE IN PHOENIX I'M ALWAYS ON MY GRIND; BUT THE COPS B TRYING TO CATCH ME RYDIN DIRTY *GOT A SHOUT OUT TO YOU SHERIFF JOE--"MUTHA FUKA SUK MY DIK, I AINT EVA GONE STOP"

O...M...G...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
What a wasted life... Look on that page for 5 minutes what a shame...

·
Registered
910 Posts
What a douche. He could've at least bought a shotgun and used it on himself out in a field with no witnesses. No need to traumatize some guy buy spreading your skull across a few lanes at the local range. *******.

Sorry. Throughout highschool I knew a few kids who killed themselves. No sympathy from me for the people do it. All the sympothy in the world, though, to those it affects.

·
Registered
237 Posts
WOW!!!! This guy was certainly a troubled young man. It's unfortunate that in addition to

victimizing his family and friends, he also chose to victimize the range personnel at the range

where he chose to end his life.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

As far as his MySpace site....it's poor form to speak ill of the dead in most cases, but this guy

sounds like many others that I call "keyboard commandos". They post things on their websites,

etc., that they would never have the balls to say to a cop's face. I don't live in Arizona, but I am

familiar with Joe Arpaio ( Sheriff in Maricopa ), and if there were more Sheriffs like him instead

of politicians with badges, the U.S. would be a better place!!!!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Arpaio is quite the ruthless politician and never met a camera he didn't like but thats another thread.

This guy obviously had serious self respect and identity issues.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
That sucks. I know one of the guys that works there. This happens more than most realize at ranges across the country. It normally doesn't make the news.

·
Registered
237 Posts
choochboost said:
That sucks. I know one of the guys that works there. This happens more than most realize at ranges across the country. It normally doesn't make the news.

A local outdoor range in Memphis, TN, has had two fatal shootings this year while the shooters

were trying to reholster their weapon in a shoulder holster. It is painfully obvious to me that

some basic safety rules were broken here....like keeping your finger off the trigger until ready

to shoot, AND never indexing a loaded weapon towards your own body ( or anyone else's unless

justified ).

Hopefully they have changed their rule to not allow reloading / holstering of a loaded weapon

until after you have left the range property, at least if you don't know how to safely do so.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I am confused he is not able to purchase but able to shoot or is that the reason the range cadre was there???? It is a very traumatic event that is to be placed on the shoulders of one man..

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I feel sorry for the family, friends, and the workers of that range. That will be something that will be with them forever.

"Torey

Oct 16 2007 3:56 PM

youre an idiot man, rest in peace"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts