MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the label on the box my M&9 came in and noticed four digits after the

serial number. Mine serial number is MPTxxxx and then 7176.

Is that the year on the first digit (7) followed by the day of the year (176) it was made?

Mine would have been 6/25/2007 which corresponds to the date on the envelope that contains

the spent shell.

Does anyone know if this is correct or just my imagination? (thanks for verifying)

·
Registered
92 Posts
My M&P40 (full size) has a S/N of MPF95XX with the numbers 7053 following. The spent shell envolope was dated Feb 22, 2007. I verified the month and year only with a S&W Cust Svc Rep as to when the gun was built. I have no idea what the last four digits following the S/N stand for... it's not the date the gun was made.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AZ Outlaws said:
My M&P40 (full size) has a S/N of MPF95XX with the numbers 7053 following. The spent shell envolope was dated Feb 22, 2007. I verified the month and year only with a S&W Cust Svc Rep as to when the gun was built. I have no idea what the last four digits following the S/N stand for... it's not the date the gun was made.

Actually Feb 22 is the 53rd day of 2007.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Kenny, I think you are correct.

My MP40 Ser. # MPPXXXX followed by 7150 on the box. Inside on the spent shell envelope is dated 5/30/07. Sure enough, the 150th day of 2007 is May 30th.

·
Registered
92 Posts
KennyTX said:
[quote name='AZ Outlaws']My M&P40 (full size) has a S/N of MPF95XX with the numbers 7053 following. The spent shell envolope was dated Feb 22, 2007. I verified the month and year only with a S&W Cust Svc Rep as to when the gun was built. I have no idea what the last four digits following the S/N stand for... it's not the date the gun was made.

Actually Feb 22 is the 53rd day of 2007.[/quote]

I stand corrected... good find!!! So, 7053 it is. And to think I used the "Julian" date for the entire time I was in the AF. How quickly I forgot....

·
Registered
259 Posts
MPB0xxx 6056, 56 day of the year Feb. 25.,06 and thats whats on my little yellow evolope. Kool so now I know my born on date. Thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts