MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Other than the 10# trigger pull, what makes an M&P9c Mass Compliant? Does it need to have the Mag disconect or can you get a MA version without it?

Thanks,

frazz

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
As far as I now (Mass laws are very confusing) you can buy a M&P without the Mag disconnect because the handgun has a loaded chamber indicator. Mass compliant handguns need a loaded Round Indicator or Magazine Disconnect along with other BS requirements.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I now (Mass laws are very confusing) you can buy a M&P without the Mag disconnect because the handgun has a loaded chamber indicator. Mass compliant handguns need a loaded Round Indicator or Magazine Disconnect along with other BS requirements.

I know mass law says it needs to have Either a Mag disconnect OR an LCI. On the smith website, looking at the various models, I don't see one labeled as Mass Compliant without the Mag Disconnect, that is why I ask.

As for the other BS, I do love my Mass compliant "Barrel Snuggie" my M&P came with

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Hello,

Does it need to have the Mag disconect or can you get a MA version without it?

Thanks,

frazz

Does it need to have the Mag disconnect? No

Can you get a MA version without it? Yes, your gun shop can order you one.

S&W have great customer service and are very helpful with questions.

·
Registered
382 Posts
There are MA compliant M&P9C models both with or without mag safety. However, the 40C is only available with a mag safety because it's the only model that S&W made MA compiant.

Read all about the AG's 940 CMR 16.00 which adds the rediculous requirements. By the way, it has stood up in a court challenge, but there is a bill in committee that would override it IF passed..

It's a 10-minute procedure to eliminate a mag safety. Speed Shooter Specialties sells the replacement spring

·
Site Staff
2,805 Posts
Or a bic clic-it pen spring cut to size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.