MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on the forum own a Massachusetts legal M&P .40 S&W ???

I'm wondering about the extra stout trigger (10 lb.) mandated by our Attorney General.

The 49 state version has a 6.5 lb trigger but good old Mass. requires a 10 lb trigger for our safety.

A real bunch of Bull dew.

I'm going to buy an M&P in the near future and I'm curious about that trigger mech.

Thanks,

L.R.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Word from S&W is that one should be out.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Yes, the M&P with a 10 lb. trigger is out.

It is very easy to change to the factory 6.5 lb. trigger, if you desire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks Yukonglocker, I'm stuck here in Mass. and can only purchase rhe 10 lb. version.

Don't think I really want a 10 lb trigger pull. It's good to hear that it is easily changed. Actually it surprises me that the Peoples Republic of Mass. didn't make it illegal to do. I'll have to check into that.

Again ,many thanks,

L.R.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey L.R.

I just purchased a M&P 40 in Mass on Saturday. I haven't shot it yet, hopefully Sunday but it has the silly 10 lb trigger pull. Dry firing it, it's definately a heavy pull. I've shot the 6.5 lb at the S&W range a few months back and it felt really nice.

You can send out the gun to Burwell Gun Smithing and he'll change over the trigger to a 3.5 Lb for $75 bucks. Apparently it's an extra $25 because he has to change out another part compared to a regular M&P version.

I'll let you know how the 10lb feels after this weekend.

Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts