MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night's Personal Defense TV segment (Aug 22, 07) had Massad Ayoob tell what the most important 5 things to remember afterif involved in a self defense shooting.

I remember him saying it's pretty good if you are the first to call the Police - helps them see you as the victim - but I can't remember all 5 things he talked about in order.

Anyone here see it and remember - please post.

Thanks....

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
This is probably a duplicate thread, but I can't see the cops treating me any different than anyone else on scene when they roll up. Guns will be drawn and everyone will be on the deck, regardless of who made the call, until they have an idea of what's going on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Massab Ayoob's 5 things to do after involved in a shooti

ArmyCop said:
Last night's Personal Defense TV segment (Aug 22, 07) had Massad Ayoob tell what the most important 5 things to remember afterif involved in a self defense shooting.

I remember him saying it's pretty good if you are the first to call the Police - helps them see you as the victim - but I can't remember all 5 things he talked about in order.

Anyone here see it and remember - please post.

Thanks....

The advice he gave obviously has a lot of weight. I'm still digesting it but... I think there are some good points that I need incorporate into my thinking.

1. Point out the perpatrator to the police.

2. Tell the police you will "sign the complaint".

3. Point out the evidence to he police.

4. Point out witnesses to the police.

5. Will give full cooperation in 24 hours after speaking to an attorney.

Basically identify you're the good guy. Make sure the police are aware of all evidence and witnesses that corroborate your story. Indicate that you are cooperative, but don't spew out a bunch of statements while you're still lingering under the effects of duress.

Seems like pretty solid advice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
choochboost said:
This is probably a duplicate thread, but I can't see the cops treating me any different than anyone else on scene when they roll up. Guns will be drawn and everyone will be on the deck, regardless of who made the call, until they have an idea of what's going on.

He seemed VERY adament that the first person to make the call has much more credence as being perceived as the victim. In fact he urged that you not delay in making the call... especially if the perp has left the scene as the tables could be turned on you.

·
Registered
293 Posts
No worries ... It's all good, and this is something REALLY IMPORTANT!

Who'd have "thunk" that the worst of it is not always behind you after the BG is on the ground, incapacitated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts