MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to shooting and picked up my first handgun this past weekend. Does anyone know of any good places to pick up cheap ammunition in Massachusetts? Specifically in .40 S&W

·
Registered
498 Posts
Bonzini31 said:
I am new to shooting and picked up my first handgun this past weekend. Does anyone know of any good places to pick up cheap ammunition in Massachusetts? Specifically in .40 S&W

First off let me say welcome to the site!

Secondly, get practice ammo the same place everyone else goes, walmart! It's damn near impossible to beat their price on WWB (Winchester White Box) and Blazer Brass FMJ practice rounds.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bonzini31 said:

Welcome! If you are near Woburn, check out Four Seasons. They do pretty well with ammo prices, especially with their frequent sales.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Go with Walmart for target ammo. For carry ammo go to one of the many fine on line dealers discussed in other threads. Buying from a gun shop will cost you way too much. Example would be a 20rnd box of Speer gold dots for $18 change at my "local gunshop" vs 50rnd of Winchester Ranger or Federal HST for about $20 through my usual online dealer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dick's usually has a sale on ammo. Past Sunday's paper had 9 mm (the one that I remember) for $6.98 per box with a 10 box buy.

·
Registered
112 Posts
same place everyone else goes, walmart!

I don't know if this is unique to the Chicago area, but around here they don't carry much ammo, and what they do have is equally priced to everywhere else. ~$15/50.

Drive a bit away from the city (keeping in mind I live almost an hour north, almost in Wisconsin), and WalMarts have a much better selection and the "good" pricing on WWB 100 boxes (~17/100).

They also tend to get a lot cleaner, more cashiers, etc...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I ended up going to Wal-Mart and paid $21.00 for WWB value pack. I will most likely be going there from now on to get my target ammo.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not happening at a Wally World in Mass.........

·
Registered
380 Posts
i dont know about Mass. but if walmart is uniform everywhere... try the Blazer Brass.

here, i can pay 21.99 for 100 WWB... or 9.96 for 50 Blazer Brass. i shave a couple bucks by going the Blazer route.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The new WalMart in Leicester sells ammo. That is where I went. They did not have a large selection but had WWB pretty cheap.

·
Registered
88 Posts
f-bomb said:
i dont know about Mass. but if walmart is uniform everywhere... try the Blazer Brass.

here, i can pay 21.99 for 100 WWB... or 9.96 for 50 Blazer Brass. i shave a couple bucks by going the Blazer route.

Same here, they actually had Blazer for $7.75 a box for .45 three weeks ago, havent been back but im sure that has gone up since :roll:

I like the Remington UMC .45 boxes of 250 rounds for around $62 a box.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would stick with your local gun shop. Yes, they might have to get an extra couple bucks for the box but; afterall, they are the ones sticking up for your 2A rights, unlike walmart.

--Stop corporate thievery, boycott walmart ALWAYS

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dick's price for 9mm went from 6.98 to 7.98 when buying 10 boxes just this past week. For .45 it was 11.98 to 14.98!!! I think that the .40 is priced the same as .45 acp. This is for Rem brand.

·
Registered
113 Posts
moxie1c said:
I would stick with your local gun shop. Yes, they might have to get an extra couple bucks for the box but; afterall, they are the ones sticking up for your 2A rights, unlike walmart.

--Stop corporate thievery, boycott walmart ALWAYS

+100 :!:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Academy beats WalMart on some ammo by as much as a buck a box. Example: the Winchester 230 grain JHP "Personal Protection" 50 round box.

·
Registered
42 Posts
WATCH DICKS SPORTING GOODS.THERE SPECIALS ARE THE BEST PRICES ON AMMO.

THE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING THEY HAD 9MM FOR 6.98 A BOX BUY ONE GET ONE 50%OFF!

THEN WHEN YOU SPENT 100 BUCKS THEY GAVE YOU A $20 GIFT CARD. I BOUGHT 2 CASES FOR

$105.00 THEN GOT 20 GIFT CARD. CAME OUT TO 4.25 A BOX NEEDLESS TO SAY I WENT IN A COUPLE OF TIMES.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts