MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I was just wanted fellow M&P owners advice on a match grade barrel(s). I was looking at the KKM or the Bar-sto barrels. Can anyone help that has either one or the other or both for there M&P40 that have actual hands on or any expierece with either or? Thansk for the help everyone. This is for my profile picture M&P40. It's actually the Prone Series from a few years back but the Pro Series marks on the slide went away with the Cerakote.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
A "Match Grade" barrel may get you an improvement of a 1/4" at 25 yards over a factory barrel. This is fact, not speculation. KKM has been making barrels for M&P for a while. They make a great product. So does Storm Lake, and so does Bar-Sto... if you can find a Bar-Sto M&P barrel. They are not even listed yet on the Bar-Sto website.

JeffWard

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
According to their website, Bar-Sto is no longer making barrels for the M&P. Kinda narrows your options.

I've owned a dozen Storm Lake barrels but only one KKM. Build quality looks a little better on the KKM. That has little if any effect on accuracy, as the Storm Lake is at least as accurate as the KKM.

Like Jeff said, match grade barrels offer up to 1/2" more accuracy in the M&P, often closer to 1/4". Folks shooting 2" or larger groups at 25 yards are not likely to see any improvement at all.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I have Wilson Combat barrels on my newer M&P9 and a 9c.

Both shoot very well, and accurately. That said, I'm not a bullseye shooter, so I can't quantify the difference between the stock barrels and the W/C ones.

They do seem to shoot better for me than the OEM ones, though.

I don't know if they make .40 caliber barrels, or not.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
IMHO, the best reason to get a barrel from KKM or Storm Lake is for a 9mm conversion barrel for an M&P40 or 357.

If a more accurate M&P is desired getting an oversize barrel fitted will get the best end result, but not not enough that the bottom 3/4 of the Bell Curve will notice... :laughing:

On the other hand, practicing pistol shooting fundamentals will make a for a better shooter and will give better results than buying aftermarkets parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone I was just curious on everyone's opinion I always like keeping at least one extra part for each part of my pistols for a "just in case" senario.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been on waiting list for over a year and a half with Bar-Sto. Got an e-mail from them last week telling me they are starting to release the new barrel for the M&P Full Size 9mm and wanting to know if I was still interested. They stated my barrel would be ready in apx. 3 weeks.

I have since purchased a KKM and have less than 200 rounds through it. Great barrel. But... I grew up using Bar-Sto and all of my other pistols have Bar-Sto. So... I Will be selling my KKM once Bar-Sto arrives. If anyone is interested... PM me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts