MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site. How does the media blasting work to make your gun two-tone? Does it just remove the black coloring or what? And also, will it require any special cleaning once it is done? I'm new to pistol shooting, just bought my .40 a few weeks ago....and I love it. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
The media blast on the M&P removes the black finish on the surface of the slide. It then leaves the bare stainless which is silver. It does not require a huge change in cleaning habbits. Just remember stainless is not rust proof just more rust resisitant than other steel. Anytime you remove a protective cover to a metal sruface it should be cared for a little more carefully. But just a quick wipe off if you have sweat on the gun is all it takes. Just don't leave it with sweat on it after a days shooting and walk off. for days. But then you should not do that anyway. I keep a rag with a light gun oil on it to just generally wipe guns down with. That will take care of it. I personally don't like to leave metal in a bare form. I beat guns pretty hard so i refinish all of my guns stainless or not. Welcome to the site. CHECK 360 David Bowie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts