MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of Dan Burwell's trigger jobs and sights on a 9mm M&P. It has been a great shooter in IDPA and USPSA. I purchased a new pistol (same gun) through the S&W LEO program and thought that by following Dan's work and his slides that I could get in the ball park with my second gun. Even though it looks like the sear that Dan did for my, my work resulted in the trigger pulling to the rea of the trigger guard and not firing the striker. It looks like I need to purchase the entire sear unit from Smith. Is it possible to order just the sear or must I purchase the entire sear housing? I want to try again. Thanks

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Did you take anything off the top of the sear?

It might not be ruined....

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
CaptainH,

Good to see you here. follow that link Yukon posted, it is very likely you didn't take enough off the top of the sear.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I thought that I had ruined my sear several months back also. Mr Burwell told me to carefully some material off of the top of the sear. IT WORKED

The link that YukonGlocker gave is the ticket.

Ron

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help

Thanks folks. I am new to this forum and very pleasantly surprised at the prompt help that I have received. I will attempt taking a little more off the top of the sear today and let you know how it turns out. More suggestions are always welcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Outcome of my M&P work on the sear

Well, I'll be!!

Taking material off the top of the sear worked. I have not test fired the pistol, but at least I am getting a click when I pull the trigger. The best that I seem to be able to achieve with the poudage though is 4 3/4 pounds where as I would like to get down into the 3# or less category. I do not have enough engagement to take this lower, so I may be stuck with this unless and until I get a new sear to work on.

thanks again for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts