MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a metal thumb safety to replace the M&P plastic thumb safety with? :mellow:

I would much rather have a metal ambidextrous thumb safety on my M&P .45 Compact than a plastic one.

Would any 1911 aftermarket thumb safeties fit an M&P?

Thank you for all your posts ahead of time.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I don't think there are any companies manufacturing metal thumb safeties for the M&P at the moment.

Also, and I could be wrong about this, I don't think a 1911 thumb safety will fit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A 1911 safety absolutely will not fit.

There would be no real advantage to making an all metal safety lever for the M&P. The factory unit is all metal underneath the plastic. (it is just molded over the metal)

·
Registered
26 Posts
The thumb safety's are actually metal with a plastic wrapped around them. At one point I dremeled down the plastic to the metal to make it lower profile. As far as the 22's are concerned they may be completely plastic, i'm not sure.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The thumb safety's are actually metal with a plastic wrapped around them. At one point I dremeled down the plastic to the metal to make it lower profile. As far as the 22's are concerned they may be completely plastic, i'm not sure.
I realize this is an older post but could you post a picture of the final result?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts