MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I have scene alot of custom stuff mainly little things around here that look pretty good. I inparticular like the polishing of the slide rail on certain areas and the removing of the black color for the barrel. Two questions.

Does the vineger solution for the barrel cause any long term issues as far as being more apt to corrode. In this method were just removing the coloring stuff basically right.

Second the slide when you guys basically sand down the areas you want to be polished up. Does this cause any issues with corrosion later on. I really like the look some of the members here have accomplished with their guns.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Lonely little post!!

The M&P is a type of stainless, most likely austenitic, and so relatively corrosion proof. The vinegar thing shouldn’t have any effect on it at all…

Same goes with shot blasting. It may however exhibit a response to a magnet, as cold working the steel can cause this.

It shouldn’t change the corrosion resistance properties at all.

8) 8)

·
Registered
380 Posts
im quite certain that 243ww is correct about the steel...

even if it werent the case, though, you should always keep your guns protected with some type of anti corrosion agent anyway, and wipe down any part your grubby little nose-diggers have handled.

you'll be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts