MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
200 rounds of UMC and several large ragged holes. My observations are:

1. This is a very accurate pistol with a less accurate operator. Once I adjust the nut behind the trigger, it should work very well.

2. UMC is a very dirty little girl. It looked like someone spray painted the entire inside and front of the pistol with matte grey powder coat.

3. My grip is still not consistant. Hopefully a few thousand more will help. I am a new pistol shooter so I think I will get some private instruction to get it right.

4. This will be a pistol that is easy to fire fast. The sights were right back on target. The range I was at required a minimum of 1 sec between shots so I did a lot of presentation shooting (gun lowered, bring up and sight quick, fire one round, gun lowered back down...)

Here are the first 17 down range at 21 feet.

Here are 17 presentation shots at 21 feet.

I do think I made the right choice in hardware.

MI_Jester

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
MI_Jester said:
3. My grip is still not consistant. Hopefully a few thousand more will help. I am a new pistol shooter so I think I will get some private instruction to get it right.

Unsolicited advice: get the instruction early in that "few thousand more" rather than later. Learning properly from the start is much, much easier than fixing bad habits later.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the plan. My next outing should be with an instructor. The problem is separating the wheat from the chaff concerning instructors. This is only the fifth time I have picked up a pistol, so I hope I haven't developed too many bad habits. The other times I have shot have been with a sheriff's deputy (my best friend), my CPL class, and once with a rental M&P to try it out.

I want to shoot competitively (I know I'm not that good... yet) so I want an instructor that teaches thumbs forward, IDPA/USPSA style shooting.

Any advice on finding an instructor?

MI_Jester

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Find a master class shooter at one of the clubs near you, they are always pretty helpful with new shooters. I know the owner of "Firing Line" and I believe he is in your area. They have an indoor range and they compete in shooting events too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts