MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why Midway USA has no phone number available to call and no online chat available to discuss a screwed up order? Kind of sketchy to me. I have an order that has an invalid UPS tracking number (the tracking number first came up as having been delivered already to a TX address back in April, but my order is from 6/17 to Delaware), so I sent them an email through their "Contact Us" portal with all of my details, and I got a reply back saying to contact them through their portal, which I had just done. The email that got sent back to me as a reply said that the email address that I sent it to was "unmonitored" but the one they said to remit to is the same I used. Anyone have any idea what is up? I find it really strange that they have no working phone or chat.

Ideas or thoughts?

Thanks in Advance,
SB

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thanks....they have an automated message talking about how busy they are how much they can't help anyone. Nice.....

SB
Just about all the big online stores are doing this. I tried primary arms the other day and got the because if virus we can't be bothered to answer the call or even call you back.
My brother told me PSA and optics planet are doing the same thing.

I agree it is nonsense.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just recently had some really screwy stuff happen with them as well.
1st off, Try your UPS tracking number in the USPS tracking sight. That's where I found mine at. It's probably that UPS/USPS combined tracking. Somehow, they see it as being cheaper to do it that way.

I just returned an item that I got from them that I never even ordered.

On June 16th, I ordered one of their Storm Lake barrels they had on clearance. On June 18th( 2 days later) I get a package that had a barrel for the wrong pistol, I ordered for a M&P 40-9 conversion barrel and got a Springfield Armory 9mm barrel. When I went back online, they were no longer in stock and not available for Back order. Yesterday, June 26, I returned the Springfield barrel and when I got home, there was another Midway package at the door. This one had the M&P 40-9mm conversion barrel in it that they said they'd already sent to me. There'e no record of me ordering the SA barrel anywhere in my account. The fact it arrived to my house 2 days after I placed the order for the S&W barrel is still baffling me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just recently had some really screwy stuff happen with them as well.
1st off, Try your UPS tracking number in the USPS tracking sight. That's where I found mine at. It's probably that UPS/USPS combined tracking. Somehow, they see it as being cheaper to do it that way.

I just returned an item that I got from them that I never even ordered.

On June 16th, I ordered one of their Storm Lake barrels they had on clearance. On June 18th( 2 days later) I get a package that had a barrel for the wrong pistol, I ordered for a M&P 40-9 conversion barrel and got a Springfield Armory 9mm barrel. When I went back online, they were no longer in stock and not available for Back order. Yesterday, June 26, I returned the Springfield barrel and when I got home, there was another Midway package at the door. This one had the M&P 40-9mm conversion barrel in it that they said they'd already sent to me. There'e no record of me ordering the SA barrel anywhere in my account. The fact it arrived to my house 2 days after I placed the order for the S&W barrel is still baffling me.
Yes, really strange stuff....I can't imagine that if they don't figure out what is going on it will damage them financially and loyalty wise with their reputation. Since I bought my first firearm in May, I have placed three other orders and they all have gone fine....then this.....Wow.

Thanks for the insight.

SB

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just tracked it using the USPS, and it shows up! It shows as out for delivery today in fact. BUT, it also shows that my order on 6/17 didn't get set up for delivery until 6/24, and I don't know why that is, when all the other orders have been out their door in like a day or two, not 7 like this order.....I will update if it shows up today like it is scheduled to. Thanks, Again!

SB

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having the same issues with two orders placed june 16 and june 17. Both sent UPS MI. Talked to live chat and was told to wait until the anticipated delivery date to chase it. She also said they were having issues with tracking numbers. I sent a message to customer service today asking what is up with my orders. I don't anticipate hearing from them until next week. One of the orders has stopped at the transition from UPS to USPS and been sitting since the 22cd. The other was lost in space until a couple of days ago and now says it has not left Midway. I have been ordering from Midway for years with no issues other than long shipping times. The tracking used to work well. If I remember, I will repost with what customer service says/does.
Chuck

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Well, this liberal virus that has infected our society has hit all of the industry. I had an issue with a Ruger pistol I bought in Feb. I have over 30 ruger products and never had and issue, but one burped out a bad barrel. I went thru the Ruger Customer Service, which had the apology for the ones that did not want to work, dealt with a person working from home, and had a quick turn around.

This dam thing has fouled up alot of things. Be patient, Midway is a Great company, they will make things right. But there are many factors way out of their control now. These are Challenging Times.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just about all the big online stores are doing this. I tried primary arms the other day and got the because if virus we can't be bothered to answer the call or even call you back.
My brother told me PSA and optics planet are doing the same thing.
NOT ALL the online companies! I phoned customer service at Sportsman's Guide this afternoon and got a message that said approx. 39 minutes wait time or I could leave my number and they would return my call, today if possible. I left my number and in about 45 minutes a very nice CS lady phoned me. I explained to her that I had inadvertently ordered two cases of 9mm (meant to be one of 9mm and one of .380) and she removed the one case of 9mm from my order right then and there.

They do have a glitch in their order confirmation emails now though, with listing a product twice instead of just once and that confuses and upsets people. The total amount for the order is correct in spite of the fact that the item is listed twice: One says back ordered and one says not available. This poor CS lady has been deluged with complaints and she didn't do anything wrong!

NOW to wait a couple months and see if those back orders do come in and if the price holds with what is on the web site order confirmation!

At this point, I think Sportsman's Guide is the only on line company that lets you do a back order for ammo. The rest of them may offer to let you know when an item comes back in stock......and then good luck trying to beat everyone else to get logged in and an order placed! OOPS, sorry for this off topic stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts