MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why Midway USA has no phone number available to call and no online chat available to discuss a screwed up order? Kind of sketchy to me. I have an order that has an invalid UPS tracking number (the tracking number first came up as having been delivered already to a TX address back in April, but my order is from 6/17 to Delaware), so I sent them an email through their "Contact Us" portal with all of my details, and I got a reply back saying to contact them through their portal, which I had just done. The email that got sent back to me as a reply said that the email address that I sent it to was "unmonitored" but the one they said to remit to is the same I used. Anyone have any idea what is up? I find it really strange that they have no working phone or chat.

Ideas or thoughts?

Thanks in Advance,
SB

·
Registered
510 Posts
Thanks....they have an automated message talking about how busy they are how much they can't help anyone. Nice.....

SB
Just about all the big online stores are doing this. I tried primary arms the other day and got the because if virus we can't be bothered to answer the call or even call you back.
My brother told me PSA and optics planet are doing the same thing.

I agree it is nonsense.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just recently had some really screwy stuff happen with them as well.
1st off, Try your UPS tracking number in the USPS tracking sight. That's where I found mine at. It's probably that UPS/USPS combined tracking. Somehow, they see it as being cheaper to do it that way.

I just returned an item that I got from them that I never even ordered.

On June 16th, I ordered one of their Storm Lake barrels they had on clearance. On June 18th( 2 days later) I get a package that had a barrel for the wrong pistol, I ordered for a M&P 40-9 conversion barrel and got a Springfield Armory 9mm barrel. When I went back online, they were no longer in stock and not available for Back order. Yesterday, June 26, I returned the Springfield barrel and when I got home, there was another Midway package at the door. This one had the M&P 40-9mm conversion barrel in it that they said they'd already sent to me. There'e no record of me ordering the SA barrel anywhere in my account. The fact it arrived to my house 2 days after I placed the order for the S&W barrel is still baffling me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just recently had some really screwy stuff happen with them as well.
1st off, Try your UPS tracking number in the USPS tracking sight. That's where I found mine at. It's probably that UPS/USPS combined tracking. Somehow, they see it as being cheaper to do it that way.

I just returned an item that I got from them that I never even ordered.

On June 16th, I ordered one of their Storm Lake barrels they had on clearance. On June 18th( 2 days later) I get a package that had a barrel for the wrong pistol, I ordered for a M&P 40-9 conversion barrel and got a Springfield Armory 9mm barrel. When I went back online, they were no longer in stock and not available for Back order. Yesterday, June 26, I returned the Springfield barrel and when I got home, there was another Midway package at the door. This one had the M&P 40-9mm conversion barrel in it that they said they'd already sent to me. There'e no record of me ordering the SA barrel anywhere in my account. The fact it arrived to my house 2 days after I placed the order for the S&W barrel is still baffling me.
Yes, really strange stuff....I can't imagine that if they don't figure out what is going on it will damage them financially and loyalty wise with their reputation. Since I bought my first firearm in May, I have placed three other orders and they all have gone fine....then this.....Wow.

Thanks for the insight.

SB

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just tracked it using the USPS, and it shows up! It shows as out for delivery today in fact. BUT, it also shows that my order on 6/17 didn't get set up for delivery until 6/24, and I don't know why that is, when all the other orders have been out their door in like a day or two, not 7 like this order.....I will update if it shows up today like it is scheduled to. Thanks, Again!

SB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Having the same issues with two orders placed june 16 and june 17. Both sent UPS MI. Talked to live chat and was told to wait until the anticipated delivery date to chase it. She also said they were having issues with tracking numbers. I sent a message to customer service today asking what is up with my orders. I don't anticipate hearing from them until next week. One of the orders has stopped at the transition from UPS to USPS and been sitting since the 22cd. The other was lost in space until a couple of days ago and now says it has not left Midway. I have been ordering from Midway for years with no issues other than long shipping times. The tracking used to work well. If I remember, I will repost with what customer service says/does.
Chuck

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Well, this liberal virus that has infected our society has hit all of the industry. I had an issue with a Ruger pistol I bought in Feb. I have over 30 ruger products and never had and issue, but one burped out a bad barrel. I went thru the Ruger Customer Service, which had the apology for the ones that did not want to work, dealt with a person working from home, and had a quick turn around.

This dam thing has fouled up alot of things. Be patient, Midway is a Great company, they will make things right. But there are many factors way out of their control now. These are Challenging Times.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just about all the big online stores are doing this. I tried primary arms the other day and got the because if virus we can't be bothered to answer the call or even call you back.
My brother told me PSA and optics planet are doing the same thing.
NOT ALL the online companies! I phoned customer service at Sportsman's Guide this afternoon and got a message that said approx. 39 minutes wait time or I could leave my number and they would return my call, today if possible. I left my number and in about 45 minutes a very nice CS lady phoned me. I explained to her that I had inadvertently ordered two cases of 9mm (meant to be one of 9mm and one of .380) and she removed the one case of 9mm from my order right then and there.

They do have a glitch in their order confirmation emails now though, with listing a product twice instead of just once and that confuses and upsets people. The total amount for the order is correct in spite of the fact that the item is listed twice: One says back ordered and one says not available. This poor CS lady has been deluged with complaints and she didn't do anything wrong!

NOW to wait a couple months and see if those back orders do come in and if the price holds with what is on the web site order confirmation!

At this point, I think Sportsman's Guide is the only on line company that lets you do a back order for ammo. The rest of them may offer to let you know when an item comes back in stock......and then good luck trying to beat everyone else to get logged in and an order placed! OOPS, sorry for this off topic stuff.

Reactions: Rick M

·
Registered
35 Posts
I placed an order on 6/1 for a part that was backordered and it is now 6 weeks and it is still backordered. No one on chat can give any other answer than, “it shows as backordered on the website.” Yes captain obvious I can see what the website says, but what else can you tell me! Nothing. They can tell me nothing. Might be the last order I place with them until they get their proverbial shite together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Back orders are common now with all kinds of things. I had a back order in with Sportsman's Guide for a case of 9mm and got an email today from the company saying the projected date was not only changed, but that the manufacturer told them they had no idea when they could send another shipment. So they cancelled the order rather than make me wait possibly forever and keeping me from looking else where to buy it. On the other hand, I had a smaller order in for some .22lr that I wanted to try. The back order date was changed once on that BUT then a week later they sent out a shipping notice.

Some companies that do not have a projected date for receiving a back order don't send notices like that, and some companies have stopped taking back orders at all.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ordered some rifle cases about 10 days ago. UPS e-mailed me to say they would be delivering them 5 days later. They didn't. Two days after they said they deliver them I checked the tracking info and found out they'd lost the package and would contact the shipper (Midway). I also e-mailed Midway and got a return e-mail saying they'd gotten my e-mail but were so busy they'd need about 3 days to respond to me.

Two days later I got another e-mail from UPS saying they would deliver the package the next day. They did. The original box damaged so badly they'd taped another/smaller box on one end to replace a missing part of the original box and used enough tape on both that I wonder if the guy repairing the box had to go back to the shelf for another roll of tape to finish up.

I then e-mailed Midway again to tell them I had the package and that in spite of the damage to the box all the cases were in perfect condition. About 4 days later I got an reply from Midway letting me know they were glad to hear that I got my package and the order was okay.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ordered some rifle cases about 10 days ago. UPS e-mailed me to say they would be delivering them 5 days later. They didn't. Two days after they said they deliver them I checked the tracking info and found out they'd lost the package and would contact the shipper (Midway). I also e-mailed Midway and got a return e-mail saying they'd gotten my e-mail but were so busy they'd need about 3 days to respond to me.

Two days later I got another e-mail from UPS saying they would deliver the package the next day. They did. The original box damaged so badly they'd taped another/smaller box on one end to replace a missing part of the original box and used enough tape on both that I wonder if the guy repairing the box had to go back to the shelf for another roll of tape to finish up.

I then e-mailed Midway again to tell them I had the package and that in spite of the damage to the box all the cases were in perfect condition. About 4 days later I got an reply from Midway letting me know they were glad to hear that I got my package and the order was okay.
Such is life these days. GLAD UPS found your lost package and brought it to you even if the box was destroyed! FedEx often delivers boxes to me that look like they ran their trucks over them a few times before throwing them inside.............BUT sometimes I get orders promptly and in perfect condition.

It's a crap shoot.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Such is life these days. GLAD UPS found your lost package and brought it to you even if the box was destroyed! FedEx often delivers boxes to me that look like they ran their trucks over them a few times before throwing them inside.............BUT sometimes I get orders promptly and in perfect condition.

It's a crap shoot.
Glad to hear others get special treatment from fed ex also.
I thought the MI locations were using packages as wheel chocks.
I received .22lr ammo in January that had a trail of ammo from my porch to the street. They destroyed 4 federal "black pack" boxes, and the outer shipping box, nearly half the ammo was missing.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Glad to hear others get special treatment from fed ex also.
I thought the MI locations were using packages as wheel chocks.
I received .22lr ammo in January that had a trail of ammo from my porch to the street. They destroyed 4 federal "black pack" boxes, and the outer shipping box, nearly half the ammo was missing.
Damn!

·
Registered
510 Posts
That was just those most recent fed ex experience.

I called Bass Pro shop, they asked for pictures and asked if I would rebox what was left and send it back to their warehouse, I did.
I received 4 more boxes and a $25 bass pro gift less than a week later. I didn't ask for anything other than what I ordered, so I thought that was very nice of them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
@Super Trucker -- Wow. That was really nice of BPS! I do not know why companies keep using FedEx when they destroy so many boxes.

I have had more "damaged" claims with VitaCost than I can count, but I know that in some cases it was the people at the warehouse who must be former FedEx employees because they slam those cartons of liquid (milk, broth) into the shipping boxes so that it is a miracle if they do not leak when they get here! When I know it is a warehouse employee I report that person to VitaCost. They always give me credit or replacements, no matter whose fault the damage was.

·
Registered
510 Posts
@Super Trucker -- Wow. That was really nice of BPS! I do not know why companies keep using FedEx when they destroy so many boxes.

I have had more "damaged" claims with VitaCost than I can count, but I know that in some cases it was the people at the warehouse who must be former FedEx employees because they slam those cartons of liquid (milk, broth) into the shipping boxes so that it is a miracle if they do not leak when they get here! When I know it is a warehouse employee I report that person to VitaCost. They always give me credit or replacements, no matter whose fault the damage was.
We decided that the .22 ammo destruction was the last straw.
I will not order from anywhere that forces fed ex shipping now.
It is a union issue. Fed Ex employees are union and do not get "corrected" when they do bad things.
We turned in video with a claim of the driver throwing boxes toward to the porch from the center of the yard (about 15') and that driver still works there.

I'm not saying UPS or USPS are great, but we are done with fed ex at this point.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts