MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I thought that a lot of the FedEx drivers were contract rather than union employees. I guess I thought wrong. None of them ever have a "FedEx" uniform shirt on when they deliver here like the UPS people all do.

Refusing to buy from any place that only ships FedEx is going to severely limited what you can buy on line. I wish it wasn't like that!

One of my biggest gripes is the companies that use "smart post" which starts with DHL who takes their jolly old time before they bother to hand packages to USPS for actual delivery. It is normal for something that should take 3 days to get here to take 10 days!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Maybe you are right, a guy I know drives a line haul truck for fed ex (semi with two trailers) and he is union, so I just assumed that all their drivers were. There might be different divisions. I'll have to see if the local drivers have uniforms, I never paid attention.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Had another UPS foul up.

Got an e-mail Thursday that they'd be delivering a package on Friday. I'm retired. I went no where yesterday, other than the bathroom, kitchen and my wife was home after bible study in the morning.

Got an e-mail at 4:34 PM that the package delivery could not be made at 4:10 PM as no one was home to sign for it. I was sitting on the couch watch the rain come down like the sky had a hole in it at 4:10 PM.

Got two more e-mails over the next 30 minutes. The last one told me the package had been dropped off and a nearby Dollar Tree store (that is an UPS ship/receive site as well) for me to pickup. I tried contacting UPS (e-mails and their on line computerized help service) to let them know their e-mail about me not being here was false. No response back.

Today I needed a small water line connector and headed up to the local hardware store to buy it. Well, it occurred to me as I was going out the door that there was a Dollar Tree store in that same shopping center. Came in, checked and sure enough, that was the location that last e-mail from UPS said they dropped the package at.

I drove up there, walked in the store, told the lady why I was there and she went in the office and checked - no package for me there. She came out, asked my name again, and rechecked and no package.

I came home, checked my e-mails but had no new ones from UPS. I go back on line, get their contact number and call. Of course I get an automated/computerized voice. After 3 attempts at getting the tracking number understood it tells me the package has been rescheduled for delivery on Monday.

Yeah, UPS has there stuff in one truck, or bag, or whatever..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did everyone else get the Email apology from Midway a few days ago? THey were explaining the strain they were under, having to deal with the COVID situation and the increase in orders...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Did everyone else get the Email apology from Midway a few days ago? THey were explaining the strain they were under, having to deal with the COVID situation and the increase in orders...
I'm not on Midway's email list, but I've received emails from other companies saying the same thing, and that includes the company in Oregon that we order healthy and organic food from on line, to be delivered to our area once a month. Half of my orders have been out of stock for months. There are a lot of things I get from them that are not available anywhere else because they are from small family owned farms or processing companies that only sell locally.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I got that Midway email....as far as I'm concerned that is kind of just window dressing the issue. If you have the right infrastructure in place, and the technology works as it should, you shouldn't have any traceability issues and major screw ups like are happening with these places.

I got really frustrated with the gunbroker.com FFL I bought my pistol from, as they charged my CC right away and then didn't ship it for like three weeks and I was super quick responding to their FFL contact I had for shipping it to me, etc...No way to reach them and I was totally at their mercy....then one day it just showed up at the FFL near me.....thankfully they didn't just sell it at a premium to whoever walked in that day....

SB

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got that Midway email....as far as I'm concerned that is kind of just window dressing the issue. If you have the right infrastructure in place, and the technology works as it should, you shouldn't have any traceability issues and major screw ups like are happening with these places.

I got really frustrated with the gunbroker.com FFL I bought my pistol from, as they charged my CC right away and then didn't ship it for like three weeks and I was super quick responding to their FFL contact I had for shipping it to me, etc...No way to reach them and I was totally at their mercy....then one day it just showed up at the FFL near me.....thankfully they didn't just sell it at a premium to whoever walked in that day....

SB
I trust that you reported that seller to gunbroker. They are very serious about sellers doing what is right, and if someone violates their procedures they can be banned. ALSO, every transaction, both buyer and seller, can be and should be rated by the person on "the other end" of the transaction. These things are all that keep gunbroker the reputable place that it is! Your comment: "No way to reach them" does not ring true for any transactions I've had through gunbroker. At the very least, you can go through gunbroker itself.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts