MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I snuck out to the local indoor range on my lunch break and put the first 100 rounds through our M&P 9mm.

Used Fiocchi FMJ -- no problems at all. Cleaning it later was easy, it wasn't that dirty at all, but I like to get the lead dust off and clean/lube it with something non-toxic for when my wife handles it (she's nursing our 6-week-old daughter).

My accuracy was another matter. Granted a breakfast of 3 cups of coffee doesn't make for the steadiest hand, but early on something wasn't right. It just felt like the gun was moving around more than I remembered my XD-45 did. Then, after nearly 50 rounds, [headslap D'oh moment] I realized it still had the "Small" grip insert on it from when my wife was dry firing it.
:roll:

Put the "Medium" insert in (only took a couple seconds) and voila -- massive improvement in comfort/stability and my accuracy and consistency picked way up. Well, at least I know which grip insert really works for me.

Edit: By the way, the M&P NEVER automatically released the slide/chambered a round when I put a full magazine in after LRF. I thought I read it was supposed to do this? I'm in CA and am using 10-round mags, would that make a difference?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
coati858 said:
Edit: By the way, the M&P NEVER automatically released the slide/chambered a round when I put a full magazine in after LRF. I thought I read it was supposed to do this? I'm in CA and am using 10-round mags, would that make a difference?

Not supposed to, might. Some do, some don't.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's cool. Fortunately, I don't care which way it is. At least mine is consistent. :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts