MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered this and the MTAC...A little late for Christmas but....WOOHOO!

Date Ordered: Friday 14 December, 2007

Products

------------------------------------------------------

1 x Minotaur Gladiator Holster = $80.00

Make S&W

Model M&P 9/40/45 Slide (NO thumb safe

Belt Width 1.5 inch

Carry Side Right

1 x Minotaur MTAC Holster = $83.00

Make S&W

Model M&P Compact

Belt Width 1.5 inch

Clip C- Clip Kit

Carry Side Right

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Nice... I looked at these before choosing a paddle, but either way I am sure you will very happy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
T6, I was look at those Gladiators and was very interested. I wondered how well they pulled the gun against the body though as Tucker makes something similar, Leather back Kydex front that they told me did not keep the gun tight against the body. Though it was not made the same, and has loops instead of the snaps.

I really want a snap on. How long before you will see these ?? Any info to share that maybe they described on the Gladiator ?

·
Registered
471 Posts
That looks very nice tsix. I am going to check these out. Thanks for posting this.

Ron

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I got the tip from chooch...he gets the credit. Also, over on glocktalk, there are pics posted of it in use. Randy even piped in a few comments.

Oh, by the way, discard my previous note about not getting it for Christmas...just got this email:

Comp-Tac : Products

------------------------------------------------------

Order Number: xxxx

Detailed Invoice:

http://www.comp-tac.com

Date Ordered: Friday 14 December, 2007

The comments for your order are

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Shipped

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

What great service! WooHoo...Merry Christmas to me!

·
Registered
380 Posts
choochboost said:
[quote name='Wayne']Holy crap that is fast, I may order Tuesday(':lol:')
For Comp-Tac it's not fast, it's normal.
[/quote]

they always send a email saying "order processing takes one week"... but then i get a email the next day, saying "sent to shipping dept".

these guys are awesome. just recieved my third holster from the the other day. 100% satisfied with all three.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That picture looks like it does holdthe gun nice and tight !!

tsix said:
Actually, I got the tip from chooch...he gets the credit. Also, over on glocktalk, there are pics posted of it in use. Randy even piped in a few comments.

Oh, by the way, discard my previous note about not getting it for Christmas...just got this email:

C

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kgreen said:
Any updates on the Gladiator? How well does it conceal your handgun?

I really like it a lot. It will be my main OWB holster for sure. It conceals very well, and carries the pistol about as close as is possible, IMO. It is very comfortable to wear. I wear it between 3 & 4 o'clock position, with a forward cant. The holster fits the 9c and 45.

The only negative I have found is the retention is a bit weak for my taste (yes, I have tightened it as far as it can go). I believe the indent in the kydex is off just enough to not engage the trigger guard fully. I will fiddle with it a little and see if I can get the indent adjusted for a better fit after I have used it for awhile (may just need to get the holster broken in so the pistol drops in a few mm more?).

I can highly recommend this holster to anyone who is considering a hybrid.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Does anyone have photos of one of these for the Compact M&P? I was wondering how it looks, thought maybe there would be someome with a photo here. I think I'm getting OWB, but still deciding....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Anything Comp-Tac makes seems to be great quality. Great CS too! My only gripe with the new leather/kydex combos are they don't seem to cover the trigger guard as well. Since the kydex is only on one side...there is no positive "click" when you holster the gun. The retention is...eh, ok. Very comfy though. I have the MTAC...but Im going to place an order in and get a CTAC instead...my CTAC is wonderful.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dblagent said:
Does anyone have photos of one of these for the Compact M&P? I was wondering how it looks, thought maybe there would be someome with a photo here. I think I'm getting OWB, but still deciding....

I will try to get a few pics up of the 9c in it...maybe later tonight when I am watching the bowl game...

Okay, here is the best I could do. My wife and kids are pre-occupied and won't cooperate with the photo op...I will try to get a few from front and rear (I know you guys are anxious to see my azz) in a bit...

The 45 fits perfectly fine if you are thinking of going full size. I usually open carry the 45...YMMV!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thank you very much for your photo sir! I was wondering how much leather showed at the bottom of the compact model as they all use the same leather, full size to compact. Thanks again!

and if others are clamoring to see your azz ok, but I'm cool for now, thanks.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I just ordered one. People on Glock Talk complain about the retention too but it seems worth it for the comfort and close fit. I never could stand IWB holsters and this looks like a great combination of kydex. leather, and comfort.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have one of these for my Glock 21SF and highly recommend it.

At the same time that I bought the Gladiator, I also bought an MTAC for my M&P 45. I have since bought extra kydex shells for my Glock 21SF and my Springfield XD45. Comp-Tac makes some awesome products!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I'll tell you one thing, Comp-Tac has much better comms than some other companies * cough, cough, Blade-tech*. They sent me an e-mail after my order saying it would be made and sent within a week,

·
Registered
403 Posts
I used to carry my M&P 9C in a Don Hume JIT Slide holster. The minotaur does carry it quite a bit lower but it is snug against my body and very stable. I usually cover it up with a hooded sweatshirt and it conceals just fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts