MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am not sure where to post this, but just took a brand new 9c to my local indoor range. Fired about 45-50 rounds no problem. At this point my father started shooting it. He pulled the trigger and nothing. After ejecting that round, we saw it had in fact been struck by the firing pin. I put that round first inline in the next mag. Fired just fine. I'm posting to retrieve thoughts, opinions on the matter. I'm thinking primer of cartridge, but i feel there's a lot more expertise here than i have. Thanks.

Additionally. After two more brands and a few hundred more rounds this gun is flawless as far as i can tell. Accurate, reliable, and fun.

·
Registered
171 Posts
More than likely it was a primer that was not seated all the way. The first strike seated it then the second fired it. QC on WWB is not the greatest. Over the years I have had quite a few duds. I buy it shoot it and then use the brass to reload with. At $23.00 at Walmart it is better than just buying brass at $20-$25 per 100.

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
Did you clean and lubricate your M&P before taking it to the range?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I have had some of the same problems with WWB. For practice, I mostly shoot Federals or Sellier & Bellot. Never have a problem with them. I agree with Sarge 1967. It is probably just Winchester's Q&C.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did clean and lube the gun before use. Thanks for the input. Was hoping it was just a bad round.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had some of the same problems with WWB. For practice, I mostly shoot Federals or Sellier & Bellot. Never have a problem with them. I agree with Sarge 1967. It is probably just Winchester's Q&C.
Which federals exactly? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Question for the OP; did you remove and lube the striker or the striker channel?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Question for the OP; did you remove and lube the striker or the striker channel?
I only field stripped gun. Cleaned thoroughly and lubed the seven location shown in manual. Used polymer safe Birchwood Casey gun scrubber on the lower assembly and flushed out the striker area with the same. M7 pro oil on 7 lube points.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts