MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mods are you allowed in SSP, just wondering as i am looking to send to dan to get possible trigger and sigts, mabe some insert work and so on and so on.......................................

·
Registered
28 Posts
Trigger, sights and "reliability" work are all allowed. Stay away from any weights (tungsten guide rods, etc.). Grip tape is specifically allowed, so the stippling is probably okay, but might want to get another opinion.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Nope, no frame stippling for SSP. Pretty much trigger, sights, and refinishing is all that is allowed, but you also have to keep in mind that refinishing is not allowed in USPSA production division.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I saw no mention in the USPSA rulebook that refinishing is prohibited in Production. However, in the Proposed rules for the 2008 Draft, it specifically says that slide refinishing is allowed.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I believe it was ruled an external modification.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Refinish is ok as long as it mimics the original! Notch and post style sights, grip tape/sleeve, internal refinements that do not change safety/function or add weight.

·
Registered
37 Posts
In that case, I better hold off on sending my M&P your way for media blasting or nickel-teflon finish, at least until the new rules are passed allowing slide refinishing. Most likely I'll want a trigger job though.

·
Registered
936 Posts
There was never a rule against slide refinishing in USPSA production division.

Ive seen guys at major matches shooting red and other tackily colored slides.

-final answer.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
olyeller said:
There was never a rule against slide refinishing in USPSA production division.

Ive seen guys at major matches shooting red and other tackily colored slides.

-final answer.
Well actually there was a ruling at one time saying no to refinishing but apparently is has been rescinded as of a 2004 ruling up date. So I certainly stand corrected refinishing the slide is OK

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/nroi_rulings.ph...dit&indx=17

The melt I am certain would be a no go, as it is certainly an external modification.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I understand Frame stippling isn't allowed in SSP, but what about the grip insert. The grip insert isn't any different than the grips on either a Sig or S&W 3rd gen, were unless I'm mistaken you can stipple their grips and stay in SSP. Whats the answer ?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Put all the skate board tape on it you want but no stippling in SSP. Doesn't that make perfect sense to everyone!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
45guy said:
Put all the skate board tape on it you want but no stippling in SSP. Doesn't that make perfect sense to everyone!
It's pretty normal for laws/rules involving firearms to not make sense. 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts