MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to send my M&P40 into S&W for a new striker, Mag release, and the Slide Stop assembly (Early serial #). Upon getting it back, I found that the newer "Extended" slide stop design interferred with my "thumbs forward" grip, no matter how much I would shoot with my strong hand thumb in different locations to try and keep from holding the slide stop lever down. It just wouldnt work for me. I much preferred the original slide stop lever design, but that one would lock the slide back on a partially full magazine so that wouldnt work either, NOW WHAT??? Well, I decided to cut about a 1/4 of the lever off. I radiused the rear edge a little bit, and then I refinished the lever with some Brownells matte black GUN-KOTE that I had layin around. It turned out pretty good I guess? I used a Dremel tool/stone and a small file to finish it.

This seems to have given the tip of my thumb enough clearance to not interfere with the slide stop lever during shooting. I am going to try and hit the range tomorrow. I will let you guys know how it works out.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, you may think im nuts, but I went and shot today and my thumb was still interferring with it so I did a little more grinding, and refinishing....

This seems to have done the trick, but I wont get to shoot for atleast another week. I may call S&W to see if I can get one of the original low profile design slide stop levers with the new spring installed in it. Oh how I miss the old style slide stop lever

1 - 3 of 3 Posts