MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my M&P45 back from Dan. Unbelievable turn-around time! The trigger job is outstanding, and the Teflon/Nickel finish, well I will let the pics speak for themself.

I also requested that Dan finish both the front locking block and the rear sear block with the Teflon/Nickle finish. This thing is smooth as.... well I think you can imagine! A very nice touch to my M&P45:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Did you have the camera set up waiting for the fedex guy or what? I just got the tracking delivery confirmation email from fedex and you already have some pics up.

Seriously though, I am glad you are happy with the results. I think you are going to be even happier after you shoot it. I wish I would have had more time yesterday to sand bag it for a real group.

Good job on the pics the Teflon Nickel is hard to get the color and lighting right in pics and (at least on my monitor) you nailed it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dan Burwell said:
Did you have the camera set up waiting for the fedex guy or what?

Sir, I am not ashamed to admit that yes indeed, I did have the camera waiting for its arrival. Thanks again Dan, I couldnt be happier with your work!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heres another glamor shot:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Dan needs to stop doing such amazing work, it takes too much time out of my day to keep up with all the pics of these gorgeous pistols.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
nickdrak said:
I also requested that Dan finish both the front locking block and the rear sear block with the Teflon/Nickle finish.
Good idea. When I sent my USP to Robar for NP3 I had them do the internals as well. My carry M&P will likely end up in Dan's shop sooner or later for a trigger job and I'll have him do the internal components in teflon nickel.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Very nice looking gun nickdrak!! Dan does an awesome job.

Ron

·
Registered
19 Posts
That is only media blasted and you voided your warranty!!!!

Just kidding, I saw the thread on AR15.com where the jergoff had to debate you over everything.

Good looking gun you got there.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Warranty be dammed... It looks great

:twisted:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
onesureshot said:
That is only media blasted and you voided your warranty!!!!

Just kidding, I saw the thread on AR15.com where the jergoff had to debate you over everything.

DOH!!!
I thought that creep followed me over here too!

·
Registered
19 Posts
nickdrak said:
[quote name='onesureshot']That is only media blasted and you voided your warranty!!!!

DOH!!!
I thought that creep followed me over here too![/quote]

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
80 Posts
nickdrak said:
Heres another glamor shot:

I can only say: :!: WOW :!:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just got one of Dan's new tritium rear sights for my 45. As much as I like the 10-8 rear, Dan's sight with the tritium dot is a major improvement for me.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Is that a media blast or actualy coated with teflon?

Man I got to find time to get up there and get the trigger job and media blast/Teflon job! that look friggin sweet!!!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
The first post says its the teflon nickel, but you should know that the media blast and teflon nickel do not come out looking identical. The teflon nickel tends to be a darker gray than the media blast so you're going to want to determine which you prefer. The teflon nickel has other benefits such as better corrosion resistance and lubricity which is why it's also a good reason to have the internals done. It also makes cleaning much easier.

·
Registered
910 Posts
mity2 said:
Is that a media blast or actualy coated with teflon?

Man I got to find time to get up there and get the trigger job and media blast/Teflon job! that look friggin sweet!!!

It's the actual Nickel Teflon coating. Dan did my 9c in this and it is well worth the cost.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts