MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am new to this forum I have visited many times and finally decided to register, my name is Ronnie and I am a gunsmith / FFL in the central Ohio area. The name of my shop is Boom Boom Tactical. Ever since I found out the city Columbus PD was switching to the M&P I have been working with the M&P to learn as much as I can about the gun and what makes it tick. In the beginning I made many visits to Dan Burwell’s web site because I like the work he does with the M&P. I have been doing mostly trigger jobs on the M&Ps in my area but I also do the texturing and slide work.

I am posting a couple of pics of an M&P 40 that I just finished It is shown with the medium back strap, I textured the back strap and grip area on the gun it has a very nice positive feel in my hand now. I polished the trigger components to smooth out the trigger, I also made the necessary sear adjustments to reduce the trigger over travel and shorten the trigger reset. The trigger pull was reduced to 4.5 lbs I don't like to go much lower than 4.5 lbs unless it is requested in writing (my insurance company insists). I do the slide contouring; slide melding and radiusing, front-cocking serrations and bead blasting I am currently working on an M&P that I will have hard chromed once all the modifications are made.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts