MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate not being able to shoot these guns before I buy them. So thanks to everyone answering my questions. I have a couple of questions about recoil. For those that have shot the xd and the m&p, to what degree is the difference in felt recoil of the two guns and is there a big difference in recoil of the 9mm and 40sw in the m&p. thanks again

·
Site Staff
9,608 Posts
I have shot both, but not side by side, to the best of my recollection there wasn't a lot of difference, a side by side comparison would be the best test though.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I have with the 40, keeping a high grip the M&P feels softer.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Between the XD and the M&P it is no contest; the M&P has a very soft recoil and a very solid. The XD is much more flippy.

I haven't shot a M&P40 yet so I can't comment between the 40 and the 9.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have both in 9mm. Shooting both from the bench the recoil impulse from the M&P is softer and of a different character. As m4arc has said, it is less flippy. It definitely comes straight back instead of up. Due to the bore axis being lower and closer to the hand. I can only imagine that this would translate as well to the 40 though I have noticed in my other handguns chambered in 40 the recoil is sharper than the 9 and even (at least to me) the 45. One reason I am anxious for the M&P45.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts