1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...your head may explode.

August 3, 2007

TSA screeners check passengers at 2 bus stops

You typically see them at the airport, but screeners from the Transportation Security Administration showed up Downtown on Thursday to check passengers at two city bus stops.

The agency, with cooperation from IndyGo, said its agents were checking for weapons as part of a general effort to ensure safety.

Security stations were set up at bus stops at Capitol Avenue and Market Street, and at Ohio and Meridian streets. Some passengers were patted down or submitted to having bags checked.

Passengers could decline to be checked. Those who did would not be turned away, a TSA official said, unless they otherwise appeared to be a security threat.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...D=2007708030490

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the Transportation Security Administration showed up Downtown on Thursday to check passengers at two city bus stops.
That's the part that seems stupid to me.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I am counting to ten, very slowly. What an incredible waste of time and manpower. What was the intent, what next trolley's?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I added my comments, from the link you provided, but apparently they didn't like what I said, imagine that... I am curious, so did the confiscate all cigarette lighters, matches, fingernail clippers and make them take there shoes off too?

EDIT: I guess they did enter my comments, so know I have two rants in Indy...

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is just the start of the police state . Or as some like to say a frog in boiling water. Their testing to see if everyday american's will say or do about this intrusion on the bill of rights.

·
Registered
141 Posts
So is there a rule that you can't have your gun w/ concealed carry permit on these buses? While I probably wouldn't actually do it, it would give me a great deal of satisfaction to tell TSA people that I have a loaded gun on my person, completely legal and there isn't anything they can do about it. Not to mention that if you were illegally carrying an illegally purchased weapon why in the world would you consent to a voluntary search? I guess it's too hard to get the 100% effectiveness of a gun free zone sign so the TSA people are the next best thing.

It's like they're trying to discourage mass transit while other cities are doing their best to encourage it. It's only when this kind of thing becomes mandatory for buses that I get worried.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
When u board a greyhound they make you enter a metal detector in the bad area of my town. When i went to Ft. Lauderdale, i never encountered a metal detector. If your gonna enforce security you better damn enforce it everywhere, or its ineffective. Even when i was in Miami i was able to board with out being checked.. So whats the point of checking personal at this point?

Just wait local city buses will be asking for random checks, there's a point where we need to find a medium.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I would like to see their faces as they found my .45 and .40 back up. Flash my CCW permit and walk on!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Puffy said:
I would like to see their faces as they found my .45 and .40 back up. Flash my CCW permit and walk on!

Nah, that's not how it works anymore. They just beat the crap out of you and apologize later. The crowd that witnesses the abuse will be intimidated into compliance. The witnesses don't see the apology just the violence. That's the whole idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts