MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't own a breacher, but I do have a Mossberg Persuader with pistol grip folding stock. I personally don't like firing with the pistol grip due to limited accuracy and little chance of follow up shots. If your looking at this model for breaching purposes you can do the same thing with a regular shotgun and well place shots from 20ft or so. Much safer for you and you can shoot from behind cover. Check out the Tactical Response forums for some good info on these.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasnt really looking at it for the breaching feature..just thought it touched off the "mean" look. It was the same price as the standard pistol grip...I would probably down the road add one of the 6 postion adj stocks from Knoxx or ATI...Also where do I find these tactical responce forums?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Other than it just looking cool there really isn't much use for this thing unless you actually are a breacher. A breaching shotgun is nothing more than a tool like a hammer or a ram. Pistol grip shotguns are a real pain to shoot also. If you want a cool looking shotgun just get an 870 and fix it up.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've got a Mossberg 500 with a pistol grip and it's a bit of a load if you're doing a lot of shooting. I've had it for a home defense piece. Now my wife (who weighs exactly 100 pounds less than me) wants to use it so I ordered a "side folder stock" from Blackguns.US.

I also attached a six round "side-saddle" shell holder and a Tac-Star T-6, 70 lumens light. I'll probably replace the Tac-Star light with a SureFire L-4.

The "Hole Saw" on the front of yours is cool - - but - - I REALLY like the forestock lower strap. Is that an after market piece that can be obtained separately ???

Very nice piece.

BLACKJACK

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BLACKJACK, The strap comes on that model 500..But I'm sure you could call Mossberg and order one from them..Its just a piece of nylon strap attached by screws to the bottom of the grip.I'm picking up a side saddle for it also,and am thinking about getting a adj.stock and a sling for it. Some sort of light would also be nice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
PENS,

The "Side Saddle" is a very nice, well made accessory. It holds the rounds tight enough that you can insert them from the bottom (primer down) and they're going to stay there. It saves a LOT of time when reloading from the side saddle. Just rotate the gun 90 degrees and the loading chamber and the rounds are right at your finger tips.

I REALLY like the SureFire L-4 light. At 100 lumens it's almost a weapon by itself. It's twice the cost of the TacStar but very well worth it. Additionally, the SureFire is LED and virtually indestructable - - I'm not sure how the xenon bulb, in the TacStar will hold up under the pounding of a shotgun. On a home defence weapon I don't want the light going out at the wrong time.

There, dammitt, I just talked myself into spending anouther $150.00.

I'll check with Mossberg on the forestock strap. Thanks for the info.

BLACKJACK

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blackjack...I had bought and installed the TAC-STAR side saddle last nite. It fits really good and sets off the looks of the gun.The shells fit nice and snug.I won't have to worry about them moving at all...Next is a light and a sling...thanks for your help!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since it sounds like you've been down this road,how about a good suggestion for a sling for it also..it looks like it'll have to be a front loop and rear swivel mount?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
PENS-66 said:
Since it sounds like you've been down this road,how about a good suggestion for a sling for it also..it looks like it'll have to be a front loop and rear swivel mount?

Not necessarily, you can add a single point sling in which would install where your pistol grip meets the receiver. This would allow you to access multiple weapons at the same time, such as your hand gun, or knife, without ever releasing your grip on your shotgun.

http://www.sogarmory.com/ProductDtls.aspx?id=102442

Or you could get a sling at walmart, I recommend nylon self adjusting make with swivel mounts included.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks pretty sweet. I just might pick one up. Would have to add a Knox industries pistol grip to it though because I'm sure that the recoil is stiff.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Due to uncontrollable circumstances I have to sell my Mossberg Tactical Cruiser (breacher).It is brand new,unfired. The accessories I have added are a heat shield,6 shot side saddle,tactical sling and a barrel mounted flashlight..I would let it go for $300 + shipping...thanks guys

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts