MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

I am intrested in supplementing my M&P 40 with a home defense shotgun. I like the looks of this product and was curious of anyone's experience with Mossbergs.

http://www.fsguns.com/whatsnew.html

Scroll down about 1/4 of the page for the gun.

I was thinking about a marinecote shotgun, but was curious if the black matte is rust resistant?

Thanks for any input...

Joe

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have a Mossberg 590 that I love it's a great shotgun if you need something for home defense. After all a pistol is only to fight your way to something bigger.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I would recommend a Mossberg any day of the week, proven to be reliable in uncertain conditions.

Sorry I forgot to edit those pics to fit the forum, but its done now... :oops:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome pics!

Can anyone fill me in as to the long term durability of the black matte finish?

Thanks so much!

Joe

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
It's OK, but I really like the John Wayne Ruger!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
G56 said:
It's OK, but I really like the John Wayne Ruger!

Please elaborate...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Joe Merchant said:
Awesome pics!

Can anyone fill me in as to the long term durability of the black matte finish?

Thanks so much!

Joe

I chose the BLUED version over the PARKERIZED simply because the PARKERIZED i too rough. You cant use anything to wipe it down but maybe steel wool, just kidding. I simply like to wipe my weapons down with a light coat of oil and micro fiber cloth. But on the down side, my 590 is glossy compared to PARKERIZED models. I personally havent had any wear problems, nor have my friends with PARKERIZED models.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
mossberg 500 cruiser pistol grip costs about 200-275 the sound that everyone in the world can recognize is a shotgun being racked a pistol grip might kick a little but hey the sound will really get someones attention :wink:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I own a Mossberg 500A Persuader. It's a good, dependable and affordable shotgun, but a tad hard to control with the pistol grip. IMO the intimitation factor is it's best feature. Just pull it out and when a bad guy sees it and hears you pump a shell in the chamber, he knows he's in trouble and chances are you never need to fire it as he quickly goes in the opposite direction. A gun is a gun is a gun... but a short 12 ga shotgun grabs their attention quickly and much more than a handgun....

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I will throw my old mossy 500 just for an idea how versatile these bad boys are :wink: I miss it already and plan on another mossy 500 soon

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Never used one for personal defense, unless that turkey was trying to attack me???? Either way, he lost. Seriously though, I used a Mossberg 500 for several years of turkey hunting. Never had an issue with it and I wasn't very nice to it. Now my brother has it and it's still killing turkeys.

·
Registered
445 Posts
My dept. has several Mossburg 500 & 590s after years of neglect, they still work. The 590 is better because it has a metal safety, the only thing that has broken in our guns. If the deal is right I think you can get the metal safety from Brownell's if you go with a 500.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
Parkerized isn't pretty, but it is a very practical finish, the parkerizing tends to retain oil better than a smooth finish, therefore more rust/weather resistant, that's why it's a traditional military finish.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks alot for the input gang!

Bought the gun today and I am loving it! I would reccomend it to anyone! Very much fun to shoot 00 buckshot at water jugs!

Joe

M&P .40

Mossberg 500 Watchdog

·
Registered
88 Posts
Here is my mossy 500, I added a Knoxx Spec Ops stock for recoil purposes and the side saddle cause it looks cool LOL!! Thinking about a Hogue Forend at some point and DEFINETLY some kind of light since this is a heavy two handed gun.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts