MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in hearing peoples' experiences with factory ammo out of their M&Ps.

Specifically, I would like to know what is the most accurate ammo you have shot in .40 S&W? I am looking for a very accurate load, but I don't have the time or inclination to handload.

So, who's off the shelf ammo seems to be shooting the tightest groups in the M&P?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
It's been years since I did much .40 shooting, but according to my records the most accurate load I tested was Pro Load 165gr Tactical. Pro Load is no longer in business, though, so the second most accurate I tested was 165gr Blazer FMJ (averaged 2.48" 5-shot groups at 25yd from a BHP40).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard that Black Hills has a good reputation for accuracy in general, though I have never shot it myself. Have you shot it through your M&P?

The peculiar thing about ammo is that one load can be very accurate in one gun, and only marginally so in another. A lot has to do with which load that particular firearm prefers. That's why I am looking for people with experience shooting several different loads through their M&P. Just because my favorite brand drove tacks in my old USP or something doesn't mean it will not be outclassed by a different load when shot through a different gun.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I have shot lots of Blazer brass, Remington UMC (green and white box which I think is different from the yellow box cheap stuff), WWB, Federal American Eagle, Magtech. In high performance hollow point type rounds Federal Hydrashok, CCI Speer Gold Dot, and last weekend 100 rounds of Black Hills. Everything is accurate and the high end stuff seemed more accurate but I might have taken more care shooting it. :wink:

I think Black Hills has the greatest consistency of manufacture and results and they use a Gold Dot bullet which I like. I ordered mine from Midway USA.

BTW even with all of the different ammo I have fired through my .40 and .45 I have not had one single issues with either M&P. No FTF or anything else. I am a fanatic about clean, well lubed weapons which probably helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts