MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in NJ and have a place in FL as well.. I'm looking to move my MP40c to FL (registered in NJ) and wasnt sure if I need to have it regeistered in FL. I have a CWP issued by FL so I'm guessing if I plan to carry in the state, the gun should be registered there as well? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am sure that someone who lives in Florida will chime in. However, you shouldn't assume that Floriday even requires firearm registration. You live in New Jersey, a state that has very restrictive firearm laws. Evidence of this is the fact that you have to register you firearms.

I was going to refer you to packing.org but that website does not seem to be working right now. Either wait for a Floriday resident to give you the answer or call the Florida Dept. of Public Safety (or whatever the Fla. state police are called).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Florida does not require you to register any firearms for purposes of concealed carry. Florida is a "shall issue" state and the Concealed Weapons Permit is issued to the individual, without any relevance to what the individual is to carry concealed. You're fine, as is.

- Lee -

M&P 45

M&P 40 compact

·
Registered
660 Posts
Just be careful. In Connecticut we have 72 hours to notify the state of your new address or it becomes a felony.

·
Registered
366 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts