MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many members are in the Salem area?? I am moving my family up to Oregon, and am going to be leaving my shooting buddies behind.....
Looks like I might have to find a new set of good ol buddies.....

If anyone is in the Salem or even Portland areas let me know. The only shooting range I have found is http://www.arpc.info/ wich is in the actual town we are moving to. Got a job offer cant refuse!!!

So all you Oregon folk, welcome me aboard will hopefully be there by Aug.1st!!!

8)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LMAO, I am sure most of that was self inflicted because of the weather??
No worries :roll: Ok I am worried now.....lamo

darklyte24 said:
dont go dying now...
this and last year people who goto oregon die...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I thought you were headed to Eastern Washington, now Oregon, "The ANTI-GUN State" Dude, you might as well give them to me, or hand the state your balls, because you are stepping into the most tree huggin, liberal anti anything but nature state alive. Trust me, my sister lives there, I go there on occasion and if your not a long haired hippie, a ski bum, or a naturalist... you are very limited to what and well damn... Man, I hate to hear that, sucks to be you...

With that said, its a beautiful state, lots of trees in Salem, close to the coast, but far enough to get some sunshine. You did know Oregon has the least amount of sunlight per hour in the United States, and did I mention the rain... Wow, big time climate change for you. Mount Hood is still active, so you may get see that explode, well Salem would be about 5 minutes after the explosion and then it would be covered in magma and ash, but hey you only live once... It also has awesome rivers, like the Rogue river you know "Deliverance," "you gotta purty mouth, boy..." So, if you hear that unnatural, but somewhat similar squeeeeeeeel, well look to the neighbors, there family tree has one branch. Speaking of which, you judge a man's wealth in Oregon not by his size of his wallet, but by how many rusted hulks of used cars growing out of the yard. You have seen those wind chimes with the beer cans and that that's funny, ummm NOT.. That's for real man. Dis I mention my sister lives there, she hasn't shaven anything in 30 years man, 30 ______ years.... Man you just have to love those brochures too. The scenery, wow breath taking, on the one of three days there is sunshine...

So, good luck brother... I hear its pretty there, so what do you plan on doing for work, did I mention the lumber industry that feed the families for generations, well that all ceased when some guy tied himself to a tree, and then another and another, simply because of an owl. You have to love it, the folks there will go out of there way to help you out, either they will shoot you on sight, or call the Highway Patrol.

Did I happen to mention I DONT like OREGON, and my sister, man she hasn't shaved dude... Picture that and you will never look at another woman again in your life...

I'll give you low down, truthfully later, its not all that bad, but it has its extremes...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can always count on my brother Morgan for insight and info, lmfao. And well brother as far as your sister not shaving that sounds like a personal hygenic problem....lol.....Joking. The beer can wind chimes, man that sounds awesome to be honest. reminds me of back home...haha. As long as there are good folk there brother, I can adapt to anything, your talking toi a guy thats been there done that a couple times over.......Just put it this way, I am 29 going on 69. But now I have finally figured out what life is all about......growing with ones self and doing what one can to provide a safe and healthey relationship with and for his family!!!! Phoenix is not a good place to raise a child, especially with the crime rate, and before anyone says it yes I know crime is everywhere but I can control that more by moving were it is down. Plus the trees and greenery brother, man I miss that, I have lived in the hell of a desert for 3/4's of my life. I am ready for that country vibe again!!!! Easy living...........thats what I am all about now, damn I am already starting to sound like a f'n hippy someone please slap me.............. :twisted:

Seriosuly after alot of thought, I just want to do right for my family. Start over in life, and no not running from anything.......Just want a new start! Having a daughter has done alot for me!

Morgan we still plan on building a house on her dads land within a few years, we are just taking advantage of this offer, stack some cash in the bank and start building. So its still in the near future!!!

Thanks everyone for trying to scare me, but I dont scare that easily.

Morgan Walker said:
I thought you were headed to Eastern Washington, now Oregon, "The ANTI-GUN State" Dude, you might as well give them to me, or hand the state your balls, because you are stepping into the most tree huggin, liberal anti anything but nature state alive. Trust me, my sister lives there, I go there on occasion and if your not a long haired hippie, a ski bum, or a naturalist... you are very limited to what and well damn... Man, I hate to hear that, sucks to be you...

With that said, its a beautiful state, lots of trees in Salem, close to the coast, but far enough to get some sunshine. You did know Oregon has the least amount of sunlight per hour in the United States, and did I mention the rain... Wow, big time climate change for you. Mount Hood is still active, so you may get see that explode, well Salem would be about 5 minutes after the explosion and then it would be covered in magma and ash, but hey you only live once... It also has awesome rivers, like the Rogue river you know "Deliverance," "you gotta purty mouth, boy..." So, if you hear that unnatural, but somewhat similar squeeeeeeeel, well look to the neighbors, there family tree has one branch. Speaking of which, you judge a man's wealth in Oregon not by his size of his wallet, but by how many rusted hulks of used cars growing out of the yard. You have seen those wind chimes with the beer cans and that that's funny, ummm NOT.. That's for real man. Dis I mention my sister lives there, she hasn't shaven anything in 30 years man, 30 ______ years.... Man you just have to love those brochures too. The scenery, wow breath taking, on the one of three days there is sunshine...

So, good luck brother... I hear its pretty there, so what do you plan on doing for work, did I mention the lumber industry that feed the families for generations, well that all ceased when some guy tied himself to a tree, and then another and another, simply because of an owl. You have to love it, the folks there will go out of there way to help you out, either they will shoot you on sight, or call the Highway Patrol.

Did I happen to mention I DONT like OREGON, and my sister, man she hasn't shaved dude... Picture that and you will never look at another woman again in your life...

I'll give you low down, truthfully later, its not all that bad, but it has its extremes...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Can you hear it, softly in the breeze... There it is again, that distinctive sound of banjo's. Banjo's man, banjos play-in that tune we all know so well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esl2NNOtHQE

WELCOME TO OREGON....

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hahahaha.........Right on brother
, its always a blast chattin with ya on the phone man. Good luck on the mag release for the 10/22! Make sure you send me monthly checks after you make the millions!! :wink:

Morgan Walker said:
Can you hear it, softly in the breeze... There it is again, that distinctive sound of banjo's. Banjo's man, banjos play-in that tune we all know so well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esl2NNOtHQE

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey now, we're not all that bad. Take a look at a map of Oregon's Counties. See that little spec called Multnomah county? That's where all the crazies live. The rest of the state is mostly conservative. The cities to avoid are the Portland Metro area and Eugene. Salems not too bad even though it's the capital and with some bad legistlative folks. The laws aren't too bad. CCW is fairly easy to get. There aren't any issues with how many guns you can have or how many you can buy at any given time. Saying Oregon is all bad and full of liberals is like saying the US is liberal based on Washington DC. I'm not saying its perfect, far from it. However, it's not anywhere near as bad as some places...

I'm located between Molalla and Oregon City so unfortunately as ranges are concerned I'm only familiar with those more north of Salem. Here's a list to check out. Some are only schools, not available for recreational shooting.

Tri-County Gun Club - http://www.tcgc.org/

Douglas Ridge Gun Club - http://www.douglasridge.org/

Canby Rod & Gun Club - http://www.canbyrodandgun.com/

Public Safety Training Center = http://co.clackamas.or.us/sheriff/pstc/main.htm

(I'm a coach at the PSTC and I'm a bit partial to it myself)

Thunder Ranch

Oregon Firearms Academy - http://www.oregonfirearmsacademy.com/

That's just a few of the locations that you may be able to check out. I know that there's a good instructor in the Salem area as well but his name escapes me at the moment. Oregon Firearms Academy is very close to Salem, you may enjoy checking that out as well.

Welcome to Oregon (so long as you're not from CA)
!

MC

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha Ha thanks for the welcome brother! Morgan just likes giving me a hard time....lmao

he actually says its beutiful up there, and that I will like it alot. Other than the wetness, but I can adapt, after all I adapted to the summers here in Phoenix.

I will save those links to my favs and check them out! Thanks for the info! :wink:

walkingbush said:
Hey now, we're not all that bad. Take a look at a map of Oregon's Counties. See that little spec called Multnomah county? That's where all the crazies live. The rest of the state is mostly conservative. The cities to avoid are the Portland Metro area and Eugene. Salems not too bad even though it's the capital and with some bad legistlative folks. The laws aren't too bad. CCW is fairly easy to get. There aren't any issues with how many guns you can have or how many you can buy at any given time. Saying Oregon is all bad and full of liberals is like saying the US is liberal based on Washington DC. I'm not saying its perfect, far from it. However, it's not anywhere near as bad as some places...

I'm located between Molalla and Oregon City so unfortunately as ranges are concerned I'm only familiar with those more north of Salem. Here's a list to check out. Some are only schools, not available for recreational shooting.

Tri-County Gun Club - http://www.tcgc.org/

Douglas Ridge Gun Club - http://www.douglasridge.org/

Canby Rod & Gun Club - http://www.canbyrodandgun.com/

Public Safety Training Center = http://co.clackamas.or.us/sheriff/pstc/main.htm

(I'm a coach at the PSTC and I'm a bit partial to it myself)

Thunder Ranch

Oregon Firearms Academy - http://www.oregonfirearmsacademy.com/

That's just a few of the locations that you may be able to check out. I know that there's a good instructor in the Salem area as well but his name escapes me at the moment. Oregon Firearms Academy is very close to Salem, you may enjoy checking that out as well.

!

MC

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
walkingbush said:
!

MC

Now that made my day, we had a Kalifornia invasion in Idaho within the last 10 years, now I wont go back if they paid me A LOT...

·
Registered
471 Posts
finalfusion, I hope the move and the new job is a great thing for you and your family!! Ya, there may be some extremes in Oregon, but as MW said, it is not that bad. I grew up in Ontario, OR. The Oregon Coast is still one of my most favorite places to go. I love the beach!!!! The weather will take a bit to get used to. Not long after we were married (about 20 yrs ago) my wife and I moved to the Portland area. She was used to a drier climate and hated it. Now, she would love to move back there. She is quite the gardener and things grow well over there. My mom still lives live over there in the area.

Again, I hope all goes well for you and your family there.

Ron

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
ront said:
I grew up in Ontario, OR.

Ron

I didn't know that, I grew up in Caldwell, Idaho not too far away... We used to drive over to a place in Ontario as teenagers and go to a certain shop to buy, ummmmm water pipes and stuff... :wink: Those were the days, endless summer nights, and NO responsibilities. What years were you there Ron?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I graduated in 1978. I lived in Ontario up until then. I worked up in McCall the summer of 78. Boy, that was a GREAT summer.

I am trying to think where in Ontario you would have been buying the paraphernalia. It seems like I kind of remember something, but not enough to really remember it.I really did not start smoking pot until 1979. I did get kicked out of HS my Freshman year for smoking pot, but did not even get high. But in 1979, I move to College Place, WA and kind of fell off the deep end for a while Smile . I smoked A LOT of pot. Way too much!!

Boy you are correct, those were the days. We sure live in a different world now days don't we.

Ron

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
ront said:
I graduated in 1978. I lived in Ontario up until then. I worked up in McCall the summer of 78. Boy, that was a GREAT summer.

I am trying to think where in Ontario you would have been buying the paraphernalia. It seems like I kind of remember something, but not enough to really remember it.I really did not start smoking pot until 1979. I did get kicked out of HS my Freshman year for smoking pot, but did not even get high. But in 1979, I move to College Place, WA and kind of fell off the deep end for a while Smile . I smoked A LOT of pot. Way too much!!

Boy you are correct, those were the days. We sure live in a different world now days don't we.

Ron

I think the name was "Head-something, man I can't remember... My memory isn't as good as it used to be, is that because of smoking the , ummmmmmmm tobacco out the said water pipe?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I think the name was "Head-something, man I can't remember... My memory isn't as good as it used to be, is that because of smoking the , ummmmmmmm tobacco out the said water pipe?[/quote]

Ya, it was all of that tobacco :wink: . My memory sucks also.

Ron

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Ron.

The more I look at pictures etc. the more I am ready. Man its beutiful country up there to say the least! I can get used to the rain, if I need a break from the wetness I can just come back to visit my old man here in Phoenix to warm up a little...haha

Thanks for the good hopes! I sure hope so too...haha

Take it easy Ron 8)

ront said:
finalfusion, I hope the move and the new job is a great thing for you and your family!! Ya, there may be some extremes in Oregon, but as MW said, it is not that bad. I grew up in Ontario, OR. The Oregon Coast is still one of my most favorite places to go. I love the beach!!!! The weather will take a bit to get used to. Not long after we were married (about 20 yrs ago) my wife and I moved to the Portland area. She was used to a drier climate and hated it. Now, she would love to move back there. She is quite the gardener and things grow well over there. My mom still lives live over there in the area.

Again, I hope all goes well for you and your family there.

Ron

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Potheads.......lmao
I cant remember how to spell my name so I guess that classifies me as an x pot smoker.....haha

Morgan Walker said:
[quote name='ront']I graduated in 1978. I lived in Ontario up until then. I worked up in McCall the summer of 78. Boy, that was a GREAT summer.

Ron

I think the name was "Head-something, man I can't remember... My memory isn't as good as it used to be, is that because of smoking the , ummmmmmmm tobacco out the said water pipe?[/quote]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts