MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Will it shoot like the M&P .45s? Or like the M&P 9s and .40's?

If it will hang with the .45's I might be interested in one. Or even the Shields. Still hard to believe the tiny little Shields shoot rings around the full sized 2.0 and 2.0 9s.

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm just waiting for the 45ACP to be made with the new trigger that this one has.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Look at the rear sight. See how far rearward it is and how thin they are ? This makes me think that either S&W moved the striker plunger safety back more or that they finally have a way of holding it in without the rear sights holding it in. I havent see the underside of the new 10mm yet to confirm this.
UPDATE : I just found out you can get to the striker safety plunger under the optics plate and access is way easier on these . Plus there is a seperate screw holding it in so you can control it better and not have the spring fly out across the room . No longer will you have to remove the rear iron sights.

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Would have preferred a 5" barrel. But I'll still buy one.
Frame and slide are from the M&P45/45c, so we're stuck with those barrel lenghts.

We shot the new 4" M&P10 a few weeks ago (same day we shot the M&P12 bullpup), but the embargo wasn't lifted till last week. The pistol feels stocky, like a shortened M&P45c M2.0 (Glock 19ish), with the snappy recoil of a 180gr 1200+ fps Longshot load from an M&P40c.
The flat faced trigger feels fairly heavy, but quite a bit cleaner and smoother than other M&P factory triggers, while not as nice as the M&P9 Shield Plus. Typical creepy break with lots of overtravel and a long reset, nothing like a well tuned APEX. All in all it's just a snappier/chubbier M&P40c. It did have suppressor sights, as does one of our 5" M&P40s, so I'm fairly accustomed to that.
In my hands it grouped much better than the disappointing M&P40c we owned, about the same a my f/s M&P40 carry pistol, but not as tight as my competition 5" M&P40. My shooting partner (the Air Marshall, not my wife) took to the 4.6" M&P10 quite well, and didn't have any problems getting decent 7 yard groups while dumping the 15 round mag.
One thing that's a little odd to me... S&W catalog now has the M&P10 in 4", 4.6", 16", and 18" barrel lengths (AR-10 in 6.5 Creedmore and 308).

P.S. Don't think we'll by buying one,

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm very interested in picking one up. My only 10mm is a Colt Delta Elite, which sits in my safe most of the time. I would carry the M&P 2.0 10mm. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts