MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Will it shoot like the M&P .45s? Or like the M&P 9s and .40's?

If it will hang with the .45's I might be interested in one. Or even the Shields. Still hard to believe the tiny little Shields shoot rings around the full sized 2.0 and 2.0 9s.

·
Registered
730 Posts
If true, I'll buy at least two a year or so after they are released.
That way most of the issues will be known.

I hope it has the 2.0 stippling as opposed to the shield plus version.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I’d buy one as soon as they came out.
S&W knows a thing or two about making guns…

Reactions: JRUSMC0311

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm just waiting for the 45ACP to be made with the new trigger that this one has.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Look at the rear sight. See how far rearward it is and how thin they are ? This makes me think that either S&W moved the striker plunger safety back more or that they finally have a way of holding it in without the rear sights holding it in. I havent see the underside of the new 10mm yet to confirm this.
UPDATE : I just found out you can get to the striker safety plunger under the optics plate and access is way easier on these . Plus there is a seperate screw holding it in so you can control it better and not have the spring fly out across the room . No longer will you have to remove the rear iron sights.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Would have preferred a 5" barrel. But I'll still buy one.
Frame and slide are from the M&P45/45c, so we're stuck with those barrel lenghts.

We shot the new 4" M&P10 a few weeks ago (same day we shot the M&P12 bullpup), but the embargo wasn't lifted till last week. The pistol feels stocky, like a shortened M&P45c M2.0 (Glock 19ish), with the snappy recoil of a 180gr 1200+ fps Longshot load from an M&P40c.
The flat faced trigger feels fairly heavy, but quite a bit cleaner and smoother than other M&P factory triggers, while not as nice as the M&P9 Shield Plus. Typical creepy break with lots of overtravel and a long reset, nothing like a well tuned APEX. All in all it's just a snappier/chubbier M&P40c. It did have suppressor sights, as does one of our 5" M&P40s, so I'm fairly accustomed to that.
In my hands it grouped much better than the disappointing M&P40c we owned, about the same a my f/s M&P40 carry pistol, but not as tight as my competition 5" M&P40. My shooting partner (the Air Marshall, not my wife) took to the 4.6" M&P10 quite well, and didn't have any problems getting decent 7 yard groups while dumping the 15 round mag.
One thing that's a little odd to me... S&W catalog now has the M&P10 in 4", 4.6", 16", and 18" barrel lengths (AR-10 in 6.5 Creedmore and 308).

P.S. Don't think we'll by buying one,

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm very interested in picking one up. My only 10mm is a Colt Delta Elite, which sits in my safe most of the time. I would carry the M&P 2.0 10mm. :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm buying one for myself within the first year of release. I think I'll prefer the compact with the 4 inch barrel. But I might just get a full size too!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Alright, thought I'd add to the thread here. A couple local gun stores (LGS) now recognize my voice when I call to see if they have received the M&P 2.0 10mm yet. I'm only calling once a week, but I feel like a broken record now lol.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm just waiting for the 45ACP to be made with the new trigger that this one has.
I hear tell from a highly competent Ebay parts seller that it will be possible at some point to get your hands on the new trigger and it should work in the 2.0 45s. I will be on that.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
... it will be possible at some point to get your hands on the new trigger and it should work in the 2.0 45s.
If the price of that kit is more than about $50, you're probably better off buying an APEX trigger. APEX costs three times that, but it's much (MUCH) better.

Reactions: Super Trucker
1 - 19 of 19 Posts