MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently gotten a mp40 full size-- my question is that when mags are loaded the rounds will rattle around and they seem to really only want to hold 14. When putting 15 rounds, the mag has no extra spring travel--are both of these normal-------------thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Welcome ot the site.... Mine were really tight too I say keep 14 in for a while and break em in for a bit then they will loosen and easily fit the 15th :wink:

·
Registered
936 Posts
what he said.

theyll work.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Me thirdedly, or is it fourthedly? The springs just need to be broken in... they're definitely stiff.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I must've gotten a strange one. My mags have held 15 rounds from day one. There is one rattling around in there when they're full, though; the rattle decreases with 14 rounds and goes away with 13.

·
Registered
195 Posts
revchuck said:
I must've gotten a strange one. My mags have held 15 rounds from day one. There is one rattling around in there when they're full, though; the rattle decreases with 14 rounds and goes away with 13.

Mine hold 15 also, no problem. No rattles though. Once the mag is full, try smacking it against the palm of your hand(the back of the mag) to set the rounds. Should stop the rattle. Even when I've had mags from other guns that had the rattle when loaded, when you insert the mag putting pressure on the rounds it usually stops.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My 3 mags rattle like crazy. Smacking them on the palm of my hand only makes them rattle more. I've learned to just live with it.

Oh and yes.. the last 2 rounds were a pain to get in for a while with mine also. They eventually got better though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have had no problems getting 15 into the mags on my .40 fullsize from the day it was new. Also, haven't had any problems with rattling. I have a ritual when loading a mag that involves smacking the floorplat of the mag once, and the back side of the mag a couple of times against the palm of my hand to nsure that the rounds are properly seated. I dunno if it helps but, it does make me feel like I've done all that I could to minimize problems.

For what it's worth... The mag rattle issue isn't limited to S&W mags. The most annoying mag rattle problem I've ever had was on one of my H&K USP .45's. It never caused any functional issues... Just irritated me. No such issues with my M&P.

·
Registered
559 Posts
For what it's worth... The mag rattle issue isn't limited to S&W mags. The most annoying mag rattle problem I've ever had was on one of my H&K USP .45's.
+1. When I changed the followers in my CZ-75 mags to increase the capacity to 16 rounds, they developed a rattle. No rattle with 15 rounds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts