MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never owned a pistol that had no safety on it. What is the trick, to make sure the pistol does not accidently discharge while carring or anything. Would hate to wind up at the E-Room with a bullet wound in my leg from my own pistol. I know it must be safe or else it would not be on the market like that, I think.

Thanks for any feedback and suggestions, advise,

Emmett

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
First of all take CCW classes so you can carry legally if you have not done so already.

Don't carry with a round in the chamber and conceal carry with a holster that covers the trigger and you should be safe.

·
Registered
76 Posts
you can practice around the house, handling loading with snap caps in your carry holster, etc. Keep your finger off the trigger and not issues. When you get comfortable that the gun won't go off for any other reason, then you might work up to loaded, and then one in pipe. If you want to carry that gun and cannot get over the safety issue - I reco another gun with one in the pipe, versus the M&P empty.

You're carrying for a reason - find a comfortable way to do it and you'll do fine.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Jeff 9mm M&P said:
Don't carry with a round in the chamber and conceal carry with a holster that covers the trigger and you should be safe.
Not that carrying a round in the chamber is unsafe. The pistol will not fire unless you pull the trigger.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback, I was just curious what the rest of ya'll did in this case. There will be one in the Chamber that is for sure.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm sure this was covered.

Make sure you get a well made holster that covers the trigger guard.

So the gun was under $500

Your not comparing the price of the holster to the gun.

Your comparing the price of how much it is worth to not have Accidental Discharges.

$50-$100 all of a sudden doesn't sound so bad. :wink:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I have been carrying around my property with no round in the chanber just to get the feel. I don't have my CCW yet but will soon becasue santa is bringing me the money to get it. Once I have my permit I think I'll slowly work up to carrying woth one loaded and ready to fire.

As to holsters, I just purchased the cheapest Uncle Mikes that I could find but it does cover the trigger. Once I get a bit more $$ I think I'll get a good leather holster. If it matches my shoes and belt I'll look just FABULOUS!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do believe Santa is going to order me a nice K&D Cochise Defender Holster for Christmas. It covers the trigger well and it really would take a lot for the trigger to get fully pulled while holstered. Thanks for the tips and all the info.

Thank You,

Emmett

1 - 10 of 10 Posts