MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my MP yesterday with 3 mags and night sights. Should be here for me to hit the range Sat. What brand of night sights does SW use?

·
Registered
206 Posts
How hard is it to replace the stock sights with night sights? I am thinking of getting a set.. If it is too hard, how much does it cost to have them installed?

Ben

·
Registered
708 Posts
i heard people sending it back to SW but it costs about 100$?...

I wouldnt unless you can buy them aftermarket cheaper..

when i saw mine, they look like a micro glow stick thick as 1 stand of phone wire in each side.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How do ya like the Novak low mount/trijicon inserts? Would love to see an M&P with some Truglo TFOs on it. :wink: Gotta love bright sights not just in the night but daytime too.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really like the Novak's, great sight picture with plenty of daylight on both sides of the front sight. They are dead on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How hard would it be to change out the sights on your own...on an M&P? The low mount novaks look nice. But I really like the brightness Truglos TFOs have in both night/Tritium glowing...and daylight/Fiber Optic glowing from the sunlight. Anyone here have an M&P with Truglo TFOs installed? If so, mind posting a picture for us to drool over?

:wink:

Also...from the looks of the novaks. The Truglo's seem to have very similar appearance in design. I just went to their website and at the moment...they dont seem to offer a TFO sight for the M&P.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I asked by e-mail (oct 5) if novak had fiber optic sights out for the MP yet and this was the reply.....

Not at this time but should have some in the next 2-3 months so please check back with us or watch the website.

Novak's

www.novaksights.com

(304) 428-2676 (phone & fax)

PO Box 4045 Parkersburg, WV 26104

1206 30th St. Parkersburg, WV 26101

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yep, the sight is made by novak and if you take it off and flip it over it will say trijicon the maker of the inserts.

Dan

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hello Y'all!

Just picked up my M&P40 today. It feels great, and it is a much better fit to MY hand than my G23 that I have been carrying for the past 8yrs. BIG IMPROVEMENT!!!

Mine came with the Novak/Triji night sights, but I plan on replacing the rear with Hilton Yam's upcoming M&P 10-8 rear sight with some titium lamps installed. Im not crazy about the low-profile/no snag design of the Novak (and others). I like to snag my rear sight on to my belt or other gear to manipulate the slide for malfunction clearances/reloads etc. Heres a link to his site with info on the 10-8 rear sight: http://www.10-8performance.com/id14.html

1 - 16 of 16 Posts