MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade to tru glow night sights but idk which one to choose.. is a MP sheild 2.0 9mm that comes with the 7 and 8 round mag. Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would choose full tritium sights the glows will need bright light to activate and don't stay lit long , Amazon.com will have good prices. If you have sturdy workbench and vice can drift them on .Dawson Precision has the best installation video , or just have gunsmith install them they charge $30 here 20 min if not busy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well now which one will fit it im a noob still and learning live looked at all the numbers and chose one just wanna make sure i dont waste the money and time returning it. If you could help that would be wonderful it's a MP Sheild 2.0 9mm 7 and 8 rnd clips so i assume its a compact

·
Registered
21 Posts
TruGlo Tritium Pro Night Sights on my M&P Shield 9mm 1.0 installed free of charge at the LGS where I purchased them at the same price as Amazon. Very pleased after almost 3 years now with no loss of brightness or problems of any kind. Get the color your eyes can see best. Professional installation highly recommended. TG231MP1W is the model number for your gun.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would choose full tritium sights the glows will need bright light to activate and don't stay lit long , Amazon.com will have good prices. If you have sturdy workbench and vice can drift them on .Dawson Precision has the best installation video , or just have gunsmith install them they charge $30 here 20 min if not busy
?????? Tru-Glo TFOs ARE "full tritium" sights, don't need "bright light" to activate, and will glow for a good 12 years.
I think you are talking about luminescent paint you put on your sights and you have to shine a flashlight on them to get them to glow for a while at night.
If you don't know what you are talking about, maybe you shouldn't comment.

TFOs are both fiber optic AND tritium, so they will glow in the day with some light hitting the FO, and glow at night due to the Tritium.
Standard TFOs are what I use, the green front sight will glow much brighter at night than the two rear dots.
They are very reasonable, I buy them from Amazon for $70 a set.

If you want to pay more, you can get the PROS, that have a white circle around the dots.
These are the TFOs, I have them on all 3 of my M&Ps:

·
Registered
47 Posts
?????? Tru-Glo TFOs ARE "full tritium" sights, don't need "bright light" to activate, and will glow for a good 12 years.
I think you are talking about luminescent paint you put on your sights and you have to shine a flashlight on them to get them to glow for a while at night.
If you don't know what you are talking about, maybe you shouldn't comment.

TFOs are both fiber optic AND tritium, so they will glow in the day with some light hitting the FO, and glow at night due to the Tritium.
Standard TFOs are what I use, the green front sight will glow much brighter at night than the two rear dots.
They are very reasonable, I buy them from Amazon for $70 a set.

If you want to pay more, you can get the PROS, that have a white circle around the dots.
These are the TFOs, I have them on all 3 of my M&Ps:

Who are you to chastise and tell me how to comment? my mistake was thinking about Ameriglo front night sight with glow ring so apologies to the OP .

·
Registered
261 Posts
Your description of Tru Glos needing to have bright light to activate and then they won't glow very long is about 110% off the mark. The OP was asking about Tru-Glo sights, not Ameriglo anyway.
Your description off having to shine a light on the sights, then they will only glow for a little while sure sounded like luminescent paint that you brush onto the sights, not Tru Glos, which are both Tritium and fiber optic.

No need to confuse the OP.
I also have Ameriglos on a G48, and they are Tritium as well. No need to shine light on them to activate, and they will stay lit for quite a while, like 10 or 12 years.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know now op was asking about Tru Glo night sights and made honest mistake in brands. I was thinking of the Ameriglo front DOT sight on my Shield few years ago , the glow ring surrounding the center tritium needed to be charged by light to activate and will glow maybe few hours if not kept in contact with light source. I'm very aware of tritium have Trjicon on M&P 9 and night sights on 2.0

·
Registered
261 Posts
No worries, Jb, when they all have "glo" in the name it would be easy to get mixed up with brands.
I have the Ameriglo Bold, I have just seen them at night glowing green. I don't like how the front looks the same as the rears, all green.
I didn't know the ring could be activated by a light and glow for a while, that would make it easier to tell the front sight from the rear, provided you had time to hold a flashlight on it for a while.
That red/orange front with ring on the Ameriglo does show up nice in the day, almost like it is fiber optic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Figured I would chime in about sights.
I recently ordered a set of the Truglo TFO sights for my shield 9mm 2.0 from Ebay. Installed them without issue in about 10 minutes (was being careful) love these sigts. Bright in all lighting situations.
Here are the ones i got.
TruGlo S&W M&P/SD9/SD40/Shield/Shield 2.0 Green/Yellow TFO Sight Set-TG131MPTY

·
Registered
9 Posts
Truglow TFO's go on all my semi-auto pistols. VERY easy to pick up and see in both low and bright light conditions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts