MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done any work to their trigger?

If so did you do it yourself or someone else do it? What does a trigger job cost?

I am guessing that a trigger job voids the warranty.

Does the trigger get better after a few rounds?

Donot get me wrong I do not think the trigger is that bad but could be a little better.

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Wnty will be voided on those parts if they fail... BUT all the parts that are modified are replaceable with factory parts, so if something fails, you can change out the parts and send in the "stock" pistol.

If the slide stop fails, and you have a trigger job I doubt that you'll have any problems.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The trigger on my 40 M&P is as light as I would be comfortable with. Especially since I intend to carry the pistol. IF it were only a bench gun I might consider a lighter trigger, but ONLY if that was the exclusive use for the gun. The stock trigger is scary good AS IS.

Out West

·
Registered
52 Posts
I did my own trigger job. I didn't lighten it much, it breaks around 4lbs, but I did smooth it out and improve the reset a bit. Much better now, and not too light.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Like it like it is...

Out West said:
The trigger on my 40 M&P is as light as I would be comfortable with. Especially since I intend to carry the pistol. IF it were only a bench gun I might consider a lighter trigger, but ONLY if that was the exclusive use for the gun. The stock trigger is scary good AS IS.

Out West

I agree. Since there is no safety, unless you consider a trigger safety, a safety, which I do not, I would prefer to not shoot myself with a hair trigger on my carry gun.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
For something i would carry, I wouldn't go farter than the cutting of the sear (not the part that engages the striker) in order to change the timing/reset of the trigger and polish the striker "leg."

Maybe a SLIGHT radius to the firing pin stop.

this would get rid of the middle notch and can probably be odne to give you a 5lb trigger that is a slightly longer pull than stock.

I shoot mine in USPSA, and I'll probably be looking to get a 4.5lb trigger job that is nice and smooth when there are new rear sights out that i like.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Re: Like it like it is...

TxPhantom said:
[quote name='Out West']The trigger on my 40 M&P is as light as I would be comfortable with. Especially since I intend to carry the pistol. IF it were only a bench gun I might consider a lighter trigger, but ONLY if that was the exclusive use for the gun. The stock trigger is scary good AS IS.

Out West

I agree. Since there is no safety, unless you consider a trigger safety, a safety, which I do not, I would prefer to not shoot myself with a hair trigger on my carry gun.
[/quote]

Trigger job does not mean "hair trigger" far from it. Most of the trigger jobs I do are for defensive/CCW pistols. For carry I usually set them wherever the owner is comfortable. I can keep the weight up in #4.5-5 range while doing the trigger, if that is the owner's preference.

The benefits of a trigger job is not in the lightening effects. Reducing the over-travel helps in accuracy and reducing reset I feel helps in the follow up shoots. Smoothing it all up just makes it feel better.

I just didn't want anyone to think the only reason to do a trigger job was to make it lighter. Nor did I want anyone to confuse trigger job with "hair trigger". 8)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I got a lot to learn.....

Dan Burwell Wrote,

The benefits of a trigger job is not in the lightening effects. Reducing the over-travel helps in accuracy and reducing reset I feel helps in the follow up shoots. Smoothing it all up just makes it feel better.

Thanks Dan for that info. I can see how that would be be of great benefit. I'll be contacting you soon in regard to a trigger job on my MP40. How much for shipping or any other costs?

Also, what can you do for the trigger on a SW9VE? The only thing I'm not too crazy about my Sigma is the trigger. If that were corrected it would be a (almost) perfect pistol.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Re: I got a lot to learn.....

TxPhantom said:
How much for shipping or any other costs?
PM sent

TxPhantom said:
Also, what can you do for the trigger on a SW9VE?
Did you try prayer?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts