MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love this little gun!

Less than 6 months old. Pin started walking out at our last Steel Challenge match. Its the pin that is on the slide directly above the slide release and in front of the slide serrations. Tapped it back in after the match and my 11yr old and I ran approx 500 rounds thru it and here we are.

Just buy a new pin and replace?
Contact S&W?
other solution?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Roll pins move sometimes.

I had that same roll pin moving outward after 950 rounds; applied a dab of blue loctite to both ends, no movement after 3850 rounds two months later.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Roll pins move sometimes.

I had that same roll pin moving outward after 950 rounds; applied a dab of blue loctite to both ends, no movement after 3850 rounds two months later.
I've read statements cautioning against using loctite where it can contact poly frames. They stated that it can eat/weaken the plastic.

I would peen the ends of the roll pin myself.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds good. I have some blue loctite for my TL100R superbike so will give her a tiny dab and see how it goes from there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update: Aug 24

SO after a few Steel Challenge matches, this pin is not staying put. Anyone know the size of it so I can replace it before going any further into peening or anything else?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts