MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I noticed that the striker is getting peened around the FP end. Not the FP itself but where the striker hits the back of the breach face. Anyone else notice this on their pistol. I am not one to complain much and "call S&W and get a call tag for it" is not the first thing I think of in this instance. Gun is still 100% reliable, just wanting you guys to check your strikers to see if this is an isolated issue. Thanks, James

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I'm confused on what your describing, take a pic...

All strikers are the same except the 45, just cause I've never seen one.

·
Registered
692 Posts

Does this look like your's?

Is the slight bulge at the shoulder the peening that you are talking about.

Does yours have the rubbed areas like this one.

This is after 2000+ rounds most of which I reloaded.

Would this be considered normal wear?

Is it possible that this is caused by "hot Loads"? I am not purposely loading hot. I have kept well below the max load data.

I never noticed this wear before, but I don't remove the striker at every cleaning. Its been at least 600 rounds, possibly more, since the last time I looked at it.

BTW still not a single problem.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
That slight bulge is not peening.

That is there when the striker is new.

Ditto. I have a brand new, never used striker in my spare parts box, and it has that bulge. It's supposed to be there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, mine looks like Rich's pic but maybe a little worse. My camera is not working in macro setting and can't get a good pic. Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The scratches on the bulge are from a spring inside the plastic sleeve. I had no idea there was spring in there until it fell out one time. I think it must have been held in by grease or friction. Now when I disasemble my 40 it always comes out with the striker.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Are you saying that your little spring is not in the striker assembly?

The little spring should not come out unless you unassemble the striker assembly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It looks like there is a striker return spring stuck down there by the breach face that is causing this wear.....

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Angry_American said:
Here is what I was talkign about above..

Completly off subject But....

Dude is that pink Carpet????

·
Registered
119 Posts
[/quote]

Completly off subject But....

Dude is that pink Carpet????[/quote]

No lol, its a really old used to be maroon towel. It looks like carpet though, I used the magnification feature on my camera to take the pics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts