MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will these be allowed in uspsa production if they

stick out the bottom.all the production shooters

in the clubs near me are shooting 9 or 40 hi caps.

my 2011,1911,& 625 are all 45's so i am leaning

heavily toward the mp45 over the mp40.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Me wants them too/

I've heard the hi caps will hold anywhere from 12 - 15 rounds.

Seems most ppl believe they they will be 14 rounders though.

I think we will see them out before 2008.

·
Registered
12 Posts
sof said:
Me wants them too/

FWIW, I e-mailed S&W a couple of days ago about these and here is their response:

"those mags should be out in a few weeks

thank you "

In my e-mail, I referenced them being 14 rounds. They didn't correct this, but I don't think that's as good as a confirmation.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Anna's Dad said:
[quote name='sof']Me wants them too/

FWIW, I e-mailed S&W a couple of days ago about these and here is their response:

"those mags should be out in a few weeks

thank you "

In my e-mail, I referenced them being 14 rounds. They didn't correct this, but I don't think that's as good as a confirmation.[/quote]

Thx for sharing this man, I cant wait to get my hands on some.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Spoke with a SW rep friday, while ordering 2 45 mags. He told me that 14 rounds flush fit mags will be out by the end of the year. HMM, Xmas.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Flush Fit!

Thats Awesome!

But how? I mean where do the get the room?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Monkey Dust said:
... He told me that 14 rounds flush fit mags will be out by the end of the year. .....

Even more interesting "flush fit". One wonders how they are going to achieve that.

Basic black, FDE, 14 rd magazines, with manual safety, without manual safety, with night sights, w/o, most anyway you want it... ah, life is good.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
My understanding is that the 14rd magazines will not be flush-fit. As others have pointed out, there is no room simply to add 4 extra rounds. However, "flush fit" can mean different things to different people. If the magazine has a sleeve or huge floorplate that makes it snag-free, the rep may have called that "flush fit."

·
Registered
42 Posts
ToddG said:
My understanding is that the 14rd magazines will not be flush-fit. As others have pointed out, there is no room simply to add 4 extra rounds. However, "flush fit" can mean different things to different people. If the magazine has a sleeve or huge floorplate that makes it snag-free, the rep may have called that "flush fit."

Probably the case here. Some kind of "finished extension" rather than just he metal of the magazine.

·
Registered
464 Posts
No.6 said:
[quote name='ToddG']My understanding is that the 14rd magazines will not be flush-fit. As others have pointed out, there is no room simply to add 4 extra rounds. However, "flush fit" can mean different things to different people. If the magazine has a sleeve or huge floorplate that makes it snag-free, the rep may have called that "flush fit."

Probably the case here. Some kind of "finished extension" rather than just he metal of the magazine.[/quote]

I very much tend to agree. Gotta be. No way it could be flush. I built a mag in CAD. 14 rounds wont fit.

But when will they be available??

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm still waiting for these suckers. I want them bad.

·
Registered
73 Posts
OOOOH! 14-rounds (+1) of power-packin 45! WOOT !! Take that Springfield XD-45! :wink:

I'm in!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Puffy said:
[quote name='No.6'][quote name='ToddG']My understanding is that the 14rd magazines will not be flush-fit. As others have pointed out, there is no room simply to add 4 extra rounds. However, "flush fit" can mean different things to different people. If the magazine has a sleeve or huge floorplate that makes it snag-free, the rep may have called that "flush fit."

Probably the case here. Some kind of "finished extension" rather than just he metal of the magazine.[/quote]

I very much tend to agree. Gotta be. No way it could be flush. I built a mag in CAD. 14 rounds wont fit.

But when will they be available??[/quote]

Just thought of a way that they could be a flush mount, no longer than the current 10rd. Pneumatic springs like in the F1 motors.

I'll take 1 box of .45 ACP and a CO2 cartridge please....

Seriously, I cannot see anyway it can be the same overall length as the current mags, unless S&W has some thing really tricky in the works.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
The mags will not be flush-fit. If they had flush-fit 14rd mags, why make the 10rd mags standard?

The 14-rounders are in the hands of some folks for testing, and so far everything I've heard has been positive. I'm hoping to see some in person after the first of the year.

·
Registered
73 Posts
ToddG said:
If they had flush-fit 14rd mags, why make the 10rd mags standard?

For the Communist States - Kommifornia, Mass., etc. :roll:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts