MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I was curious if anyone had a solid timeline for the release of the MP45. I would really like to take a crack at one, but I keep reading conflicting release dates. Also, the last article I read stated that it was a five inch barrel, yet I see a lot of comments about 4.5 inch barrels. Which is it? Anyone actually know or is this still up in the air for the production model?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
The M&P .45 has a 4.5" barrel.

Is is SUPPOSED to be on store shelves sometime this month or in April.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. 4.5 inch barrel is fine by me. Keeps me from having to buy both the four inch "service" and the five inch "tactical".

I have to admit that I may be getting my hopes up too much for this pistol. The idea of a nice, comfortable polymer pistol without either, 1. Too fat a grip, or 2. Too long a grip, is really apealing to me. While I enjoy my XD45 I can't help but think they could have made it better had they not been so intent at going after Glocks 13 shot capability. Eleven rounds would have made the grip length perfect I believe.

Edited to Add:

Is the MP45 on the same frame as the otehr full size MP pistols? I have heard conflicting reports of that as well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i was just looking at the dimensions on the site and there is no way that is right because it looks to me that the pistol they are showing is the 40 or 9. That is definitely not the 45 though. it would be nice if S&W was a little more detailed on this pistol on the dimensions and when exactly it will be on the shelves or something. i am trying as hard as i can to wait on this pistol but my patience is starting to wear thin and that money is burning a hole in my pocket

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I think the main difference in the frame will be the grip, front to back. When they are released for sale, I'm sure people will post the exact differences.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i got tired of waiting so i went ahead this past weekend and got the fullsize 40 only cause the boss said after i sold the boat i could get the 45. i figured i'd have the boat sold before they came out anyways. I couldn't be happier with the 40 but i also got a new safe and it's looking kind of bare so i'm gonna have to start making some more investments
to fill er up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts