MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any problems with the plastic base breaking off of the botom of the mags? I'm doing tactical reloads and after 40 to 50 waist high drops on concrete with partially full mags the plastic breaks away from the metal. I have had 3 out of 8 break and only had the gun for 9 weeks.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions on "bumpers" and such. Unfortunately IPSC-Production doesn't allow additional stuff that is not original from the manufacturer.

I called S&W and they said they would replace the bases. They are out of stock and expect some in 4 to 6 weeks.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TBoliv,

Thanks for the info.

As raz mentioned, he has been dropping his 15 rounders on the concrete with no problem. Unfortunately I'm in Canada where we have a 10 round mag limit (ya, let's not even go there ...) so I have to use the ones that are 30% plastic on the bottom ... most of the problem I think. It would be nice if S&W would "factory limit" (with a pin, rivet or something) a 15 to a 10. Might help to avoid this problem!?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.