MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an MP9 8 weeks ago... great gun. I am in Canada so we can only get 10 round mags. Unfortunately the 10 round mags are 40% plastic and break where the plastic meets the metal. I have two broken and two cracked after 1000 rounds. I shoot IPSC so they get dropped often ... but they should be more durable IMHO.

Does anyone modify the 17 round (all metal) mags and ship to Canada? I'm willing to pay to have them modified, rather than buying a new mag or two every month.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Getting quite a few Canucks on the board (myself included :wink: ) who would definitely exploit such a service if it were offered.

Usually the 'fixing' of the mags for Canadian regs is as simple as installing a pop rivet but that usually only works on rifle mags where the 'fix' won't come into contact with the gun/magwell. For pistols it is a bit more complicated but certainly not rocket science.

Now the issue of export may be the big hurdle. I believe mags don't fall under the US <$100 export rule so import/export paperwork may be in order. I'm up for a group buy though if we can find a US volunteer

Here are some pics of the 'fix' for some rifle mags using some aluminum flat stock from Home Depot and a POP rivet. The same idea works quite well for pistol mags. You get the idea...

(yes I know there is a spelling mistake)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts