MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last couple of trips out I have had a problem. I get a jam every once in a while. And I know what you are thinking but both times it was on a freshly cleaned gun. Should I be looking for? should I call smith about this? And the ammo was all factory loaded ammo not reloads as well I got the same problem with a few different brands so I pretty much eliminated blaming it on the ammo.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well we really need a lot more details on what is going on.

When reporting a problem or technical difficulty with any firearm I suggest the following:

1) Report whether the gun was bought new or used.

2) Firearm Serial Number (first 3 letters and one or two numbers after)

3) Was the firearm cleaned and lubricated as per the manual's recommendations?

4) Did you read the manual?

5) The type of failure.

6) When the failure started (how many rounds through gun)

7) Rate of failures

8 ) Type of ammunition (Make, Weight, Bullet Type, Lot Number)

9) Which magazines did this problem occur in (it helps to number the magazines to keep track)

Diagnosing an issue with a firearm is difficult over a telephone or the internet. Answering these questions during your initial technical difficulty report on the board will give the members information that can help diagnose common issues.

·
Registered
573 Posts
More information would be helpful. Did the gun fail to feed the ammo, fail to fire the ammo, or fail to eject the ammo?? Did it fail with different magazines? Was the gun properly lubricated? Is it a new gun or have you been shooting it for awhile?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts